SA Merchant Marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Merchant Marine?

I have this photo posted elsewhere on WAF but for those who don't peruse my photos I've posted it here also.

Maybe the fellow on the left is one of the "Seefahrenden Parteigenossen an Bord der Deutschen Handelsflotte", which came into being in
    spring 1935. Thank-you Wilhelm Saris for the valuable information!

Great photo,SA Marine stuff is rare and very cool..had a musicians brownshirt from Erich here while ago.

Comment

Interesting photo. Thanks for posting [emoji106]

Is this an anchor in the oak-leaf wreath of his cap?

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
        Interesting photo. Thanks for posting [emoji106]

Is this an anchor in the oak-leaf wreath of his cap?
        Yes it is an anchor.

Comment

Very interesting. Had I seen a cap like this on a table at a show I would have assumed someone had played around with the badges. Interesting also that it appears his collar tab is a normal Marine SA tab with the anchor device.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

I'm mostly a photo collector and do pick up some paper also once in a while. I do enjoy finding variations in uniforms for the collectors on WAF.

For the advanced collector who might think his collection is complete. Well, guess again...

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
              Very interesting. Had I seen a cap like this on a table at a show I would have assumed someone had played around with the badges. Interesting also that it appears his collar tab is a normal Marine SA tab with the anchor device.
              Erich
              you mean a normal SA tab w a anchor device.As in not dark blue...think this was before the SA marine was an,entity and just SA with anchor possibly..account for hat too.

Comment

Well, it's 1933 or after since the man on the right is wearing a shoulder board. He might have a Signal lightning bolt on his tab but that's just a guess. The Marine man is either not wearing a shoulder board or it's sewn in too far back on his shoulder--I'd guess he's not wearing one. So he may not be authorized to wear one or, if they had just been introduced, he may not have had one sewn onto his shirt. If he is indeed a party member on a merchant ship, and that entity was introduced in 1935, he must not have been authorized to wear one.
                By the way, thanks for posting this conversation starting photo, Blackwatch1!
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
                  you mean a normal SA tab w a anchor device.As in not dark blue...think this was before the SA marine was an,entity and just SA with anchor possibly..account for hat too.
                  It's also possible that the tab was blue, since it appears the film used was orthochromatic, which shows the blues as light and reds as dark. The cap is not lighter in tone but I've found the light/dark appearance of objects varies with the reflectivity of the fabric, angle to the sun, and actual blue color of the object in question.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Now, what organization's cap is that woman wearing?
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Now, what organization's cap is that woman wearing?
                      Erich
                      It’s a white beret from the special forces „arctic fox“ with matching scarf

Comment

By the way, thanks for posting this conversation starting photo, Blackwatch1!
                        Erich
                        You are very welcome Erich. There is a second photo that is not as clear but shows the Marine SA and another man with a cap I'm not familiar with. Stay tuned...

Comment

Here is the second photo. Anyone familiar with the uniform the man on the far left is wearing? Thanks.

Comment

It looks like there is a pennant design in the center of his insignia, so perhaps it's from one of the German yacht clubs.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

It looks like there is a pennant design in the center of his insignia, so perhaps it's from one of the German yacht clubs.
                              Erich
                              Thanks Erich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X