Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH Silverware Fork

Hello everyone,
    I am not sure about authenticity or pattern. Could you help me please? I searched it on the forum but couldn't find any result about this type.
    Thanks.

Hi layerx,

Sorry to tell you that neither this flatware pattern or this engraving style of the intertwined AH initials has been identified as belonging to Hitler by Dr. Mark Griffith, James Yannes or Dr. John Lattimer, all of whom have published accounts of Hitler's tableware. Nor have I seen anything resembling the numbers you show on the handle reverses..?

That said, Hitler and many members of the Nazi leadership received nearly countless numbers of gifts throughout the years of the TR for many occasions -- birthdays, national observances and holidays of all sorts. Some admirers sent Hitler and others sets of tableware, both solid silver and silver-plated, and they often created monograms which were engraved onto the handle of each piece. With pieces such as you show, it is crucial IMHO that a degree of origin/attested provenance is received with such pieces, for without such provenance there is no evidence that these pieces have any connection with Hitler or the TR; for that matter, they could have been created a few years ago. As we certainly know in this hobby, fakes of all sorts abound!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Hi layerx,

Sorry to tell you that neither this flatware pattern or this engraving style of the intertwined AH initials has been identified as belonging to Hitler by Dr. Mark Griffith, James Yannes or Dr. John Lattimer, all of whom have published accounts of Hitler's tableware. Nor have I seen anything resembling the numbers you show on the handle reverses..?

That said, Hitler and many members of the Nazi leadership received nearly countless numbers of gifts throughout the years of the TR for many occasions -- birthdays, national observances and holidays of all sorts. Some admirers sent Hitler and others sets of tableware, both solid silver and silver-plated, and they often created monograms which were engraved onto the handle of each piece. With pieces such as you show, it is crucial IMHO that a degree of origin/attested provenance is received with such pieces, for without such provenance there is no evidence that these pieces have any connection with Hitler or the TR; for that matter, they could have been created a few years ago. As we certainly know in this hobby, fakes of all sorts abound!

Br. James
      Spot on James.

https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Understood. Thank you so much for your comments.
        Regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X