Real or repro collar tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or repro collar tabs?

I would like to ask y'alls opinion on the collar tabs? Are they real or repro?
    Attached Files

Tabs

Kenny. I think these have been made up, put together. Haven’t had a close up but the pips and leaves might be period.

Comment

Tabs

Agree.......
      IMO, other than the pips maybe being ok, the oak leaves have nothing to do with the SA at least.

Comment

This pair of tabs appears to have been created to resemble Stahlhelm Bund tabs, though I could not find this same rank arrangement of a pip with a double oakleaf and single acorn on my period Stahlhelm Bund rank chart. These Stahlhelm Bund tab oakleaves are also of a quite different design than the one on this pair. And the condition of this pair is very bright and clean, which makes me think that this is a modern production made to fool collectors.

I wouldn't want this pair for my collection.

Br. James

Comment

Tabs

Completely agree..........look like they were made yesterday or the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by echoe View Post
            Kenny. I think these have been made up, put together. Haven’t had a close up but the pips and leaves might be period.

With all of the replies as "i think they are new" and "definitely not SA", "might be Stahlhelm", etc. ... and "but the pips and leaves might be period" ... best to put these in the bottom of the foot locker for now.... as many a collector have thrown items into the firepit, and later regretted it, based on the opinions of others .... as Echoe said .. "the hardware appears to be original" (perhaps) ... therefore, worth further study...as stated tuck them away or sell them as "unknown/possible repro" to someone else. Thanks for your attention, bob.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X