Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 x Armbands. Help, opinions

Hi
    I wonder if anyone might be able to offer opinions on two armbands?
    These two came with a mixed collection of other badges, most of which were British and Commonwealth. All of which are good / original.
    There were two other German pieces, a Lappland Shield and an Afrikakorps title, both of which appear to be fine.
    I've no experience with these armbands and would be grateful for any advice.
    One is made up with a folded ribbon and the other (with the two black ribbons top and bottom is printed.
    Robbo

In my opinion,
    good, top,
    not, bottom.
    Pete

Comment

I agree. First one is no good. Other one looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by timster View Post
        I agree. First one is no good. Other one looks fine.
        I agree

Comment

I am of the opinion that the first shown - NSDAP - is a good piece but i have serious doubts as to the authenticity of the second piece - SS

Comment

For me ss fake

Comment

Agree--the multi piece party armband looks fine. The silk screened pseudo SS band is IMO fake.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Hi to everyone
                Thank you all for your opinions. It's appreciated.
                Regarding the printed band, what are the indications of it being a fake ? It would be good to know what to look for in future.
                Robbo

Comment

First, neither the SA nor the SS were permitted to wear silk screened or printed armbands with their uniforms (I assume this regulation also applied to most other NS organizations as well, but I've only researched the SA). Second, the proportions of the armband are not correct.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by erich b. View Post
                    first, neither the sa nor the ss were permitted to wear silk screened or printed armbands with their uniforms (i assume this regulation also applied to most other ns organizations as well, but i've only researched the sa). Second, the proportions of the armband are not correct.
                    Erich
                    1+

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X