Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Standartenführer collar tabs options

Hi!

I would like some options on these SA Standartenführer collar tabs.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

These to me, seem to be of the SS variety rather than SA.

Sydney

Comment

The two acorn tabs (like this) I've seen were NSKK or, as suspected, SA Brandenburg. Wool badgecloth?

Comment

I'm not very comfortable with the quality of the embroidery--I'm used to seeing tighter edges, thinner stems, and, as mentioned, one acorn and one empty acorn top. The tabs look thick (although I can't tell from the photos if that's really the case) and the backing material looks different.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
              I'm not very comfortable with the quality of the embroidery--
              Erich
              I certainly understand what you’re saying Erich but “comfort” is a rather subjective criteria.

Those in manufacturing know that the closer we get to closing time on Friday afternoon (Miller-time) the lesser the quality or attention to detail of one’s work is exhibited.

Comment

example - perfectly good rune tab per Tony Barto but few would be comfortable with the embroidery...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                  I certainly understand what you’re saying Erich but “comfort” is a rather subjective criteria.

Those in manufacturing know that the closer we get to closing time on Friday afternoon (Miller-time) the lesser the quality or attention to detail of one’s work is exhibited.
                  I agree with you 100%, Rick--that's why I didn't write that IMO the pair is fake--I'm not a fan but I can't say with certainty that it's a fake set.

Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Tabs

Tough call......backing material looks like it may be ok -
                    Most bothered by the sloppy-made stems and sloppy acorns.
                    Some tabs have 2 full acorns, and some have just the top part on one of them.
                    I've seen much better examples, but I think it needs a hands-on inspection.
                    1. Notice how the bottom of the center stem ends up "not in the center". I HAVE seen early tabs like this.
                    2. Also.....earlier tabs don't seem to have the small loop at the stem bottom, like later tabs.
                    3. I'm thinking tabs may be ok - who puts this much work into making a pair of bullion SA tabs? Where's the payoff? The money is in SS bullion.

Comment

Embroidery looks as good as these.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tabs

I disagree that the Berlin Br. tabs are as well-executed as these Gruppenfuhrer tabs, but I still think they're ok from photos alone.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                        X