Early Armband - Original? Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Armband - Original? Help please

I just acquired this armband. I have a few common armbands in my collection (and this one looks original IMO) but I'm certainly not an expert and would appreciate thoughts a on it's originality. Also, if it is original, thought on rarity would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help:
    Attached Files

Here's a closer view:
    Attached Files

Comment

And another closeup view:
      Attached Files

Comment

Still another closeup view:
        Attached Files

Comment

Lastly, a view of the interior:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This is an armband worn from 1925 until (perhaps earlier) 1933 by a "SA-Regimentsführer" (SA-Regiment = SA-Standarte). For me, this item is original.

Best regards

Last edited by DEBERTEX; 11-18-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Armband

There is a photo of this armband being worn in Angolia's book, "Cloth Insignia of the SA and NSDAP" (pg.62).....however, I think it's a Political Leader's armband , not SA. The same book shows PL armbands with 1, 2, and 3 stripes, but no explanation of why 4 stripes was worn.

Comment

For me , no good !

Comment

Hello,

The 4 strips were only used by the SA. The PL also used strips on there armband but not more than 3.

Best regards

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

wahnsinn_opc,
                      What is it that you do not like. I've compared the construction with standard party armbands, etc. and the construction appears to be spot on. I've also used a black light and absolutely nothing glows. Please advise.
                      Thanks, Fred

Comment

Construction looks fine to me. What does not look good? Details help here why or why not original.

Comment

I would like to see the actual document that the website screenshots mention, to actually see a document mentioning these armbands. The existance of those would be something entirely new. However, wouldn't there be plenty of pictures of that band in use, if that was the case? I only have seen a 4 stripe in a period photo being worn by the same man on many occasions, but nobody else. Could just be a random one off, like a lot of other earlier armbands seen in early related pictures.

Regarding these armbands, I have always understood by 1933-1934 they had been phased out and been replaced my different sleeve badges and collar tabs, and armbands wouldn't be used to tell rank again until 1939.

For me, the armband is no good. The stripe material is not consistent with the originals I have seen discussed and posted on here and other forums. The document suggests 100mm stripes, which the stripes on the armband definitely are not. They don't look like they are even 10mm, which would throw their association of being political related out the window as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well I would say 100mm is a mistake. Because that would mean each stripe 10 cm or more than 3 inches. How big would an armband be with four such stripes? I think it should say 10mm or 1cm only.
                            Best, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by planet View Post
                              Well I would say 100mm is a mistake. Because that would mean each stripe 10 cm or more than 3 inches. How big would an armband be with four such stripes? I think it should say 10mm or 1cm only.
                              Best, Thomas
                              Regardless the armband being discussed does not have stripes of that size, they are closer to 5mm likely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X