EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Party Wall Eagle - is it authentic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Party Wall Eagle - is it authentic?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions as to the authenticity of this bronze eagle/swastika. Thanks.
    Attached Files

I like the eagle's design -- reminiscent of the masthead of the "Völkischer Beobachter" -- but the swastika is too prominent and proportional for the early-to-mid-1920s which this eagle would represent. So I would politely decline adding this piece to my collection.

Br. James

Comment

Br. James,

Thank you for your help with this item.

John

Comment

I don't remember seeing one like this before. The design is believable, however the poor quality of the casting is reminiscent of lower quality products from India or Pakistan. Perhaps it is a cast of an original piece, or possibly a 2nd generation copy.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Sorry but this is a copy in my opinion !

Comment

don"t like it based on design ...oh ,and it appears to have more hair than TRUMP .. EC

Comment

Sorry, but I also don't like it either, as said in the forementioned reasons.

Mil

Comment

Quality is just not there

Comment

Here is a similar one that was for sale in the US and posted for opinion on a different forum a couple of years ago. It was broadly accepted as original. After being deemed a period example, it sold for 850USD - note different rear attachment with cast in metric screw/ bolt holes. It was labelled as "very early NSDAP" wall eagle. At the time I thought the quality was not really there and I wasn't convinced about authenticity so passed on it but saved the photos' for reference, may be it was just a very early example as the seller stated- might need a period photo to convince most with this one.

Comment

Just not for me.

Mil

Comment

Imho both the examples shown here are fake...

Comment

Originally posted by Viriathus View Post
                        Imho both the examples shown here are fake...
                        i agree .. EC

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                          Here is a similar one that was for sale in the US and posted for opinion on a different forum a couple of years ago. It was broadly accepted as original. After being deemed a period example, it sold for 850USD - note different rear attachment with cast in metric screw/ bolt holes. It was labelled as "very early NSDAP" wall eagle. At the time I thought the quality was not really there and I wasn't convinced about authenticity so passed on it but saved the photos' for reference, may be it was just a very early example as the seller stated- might need a period photo to convince most with this one.
                          Good memory! The two eagles have many of the same flaws so appear to be cast from the same mold, or a related mold, likely from India or Pakistan.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by erich b. View Post
                            good memory! The two eagles have many of the same flaws so appear to be cast from the same mold, or a related mold, likely from india or pakistan.
                            Erich
                            +1

Comment

If looking for an early party wall eagle, keep an eye out for this type (note the shorter swaz ends). I have no problem with these, high quality bronze casts with excellent details- and they are sometimes seen in early party photos....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X