My website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My website

For years, I always planned to build a simple website to showcase my collection and this week I finally got around to it.

Here it is:

www.souvenirsofwar.com

It's kind of a work in progress, but I hope you guys like it so far.

Any feedback, ideas or corrections gratefully received.

Chris

Very nice!

Comment

Really like the format of your website!!! What website program did you use?

Comment

CONGRATS, Chris! A wonderful website featuring quite historic artifacts! Good work!

Br. James

Comment

Hi Chris,

I love it. Really nice website, clutter free and straight to the description of the story and the artefact. I love the typeface (the font) that you have chosen. Timeless and classy. But one suggestion is how can you make the navigation easier once you have more and more stuff coming in? Perhaps categories or perhaps a side bar or a top drop down menu?

I love it!

Mil

Comment

Congratulations, very nice and diverse. Had an idea to try something similar, but never got around to it.

Comment

Nice new site, but wonderful collection of fascinating artifacts. Good job!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bkrtcyman View Post
                  Really like the format of your website!!! What website program did you use?
                  Thanks, I used Square Space.

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                    Hi Chris,

I love it. Really nice website, clutter free and straight to the description of the story and the artefact. I love the typeface (the font) that you have chosen. Timeless and classy. But one suggestion is how can you make the navigation easier once you have more and more stuff coming in? Perhaps categories or perhaps a side bar or a top drop down menu?

I love it!

Mil
                    Thanks Mil, glad you like it.

I was also wondering that. Eventually, I may just start grouping pieces into broader categories (Eg. Silverware, Porcelain, Paperwork, etc — or even by the US unit, like 101st Airborne, 3rd Infantry Division, etc) and then use those as gateways to the loot. I think right now, it's not too overwhelming, so that change is probably a few years down the line.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Great site and of course a fabulous collection, worth the wait

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
                        Thanks Mil, glad you like it.

I was also wondering that. Eventually, I may just start grouping pieces into broader categories (Eg. Silverware, Porcelain, Paperwork, etc — or even by the US unit, like 101st Airborne, 3rd Infantry Division, etc) and then use those as gateways to the loot. I think right now, it's not too overwhelming, so that change is probably a few years down the line.

Cheers

Chris

I think we should have a sub-forum that posts all of our individual websites. It will really help the community to grow and have like minded people group together. Perhaps I will start a new thread.

New thread here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post7505997

Steve, Chris, I hope you will add your websites to the thread.

Mil
                        Last edited by Military; 08-13-2016, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Chris,
                          Hope you are well my friend
                          Love the website! Please keep building it out, love the artifacts and the historical context!
                          Ian

Comment

I find your website VERY nice and interesting!

Comment

Great concept/website CPB....thanks for sharing your amazing collection with us.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X