Knife - Kanzlei des Fuhrers - Please opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife - Kanzlei des Fuhrers - Please opinions

Hello. I put on sale a knife from Kanzlei des Fuhrers. I am 100% sure that this is the original. Please your opinions.
    Attached Files

foto
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks OK to me, though a bit pricey given the status of Hitler's Private Office and the fact that this is a canteen/cafe implement and therefore not even silver-plated.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Are you sure this isn't just a butter knife from the Reichschancellory ? I have a dinner plate from there and there were likely a thousand of them made or more...same with the silverware. The system was the leader system in Germany so Fuhrer was used in many regards not always referring to hitler personally or his office. The dinner hall in the chancellery was humongous . I believe it may have a silver plate mark on one side near the blade on the handle.

Comment

Hello, the handle of the knife is plated with silver. Is marked,, 90 ". Regards

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
            Are you sure this isn't just a butter knife from the Reichschancellory ?
            For 500 bucks it wants to be the knife that "Adolf did Geli in the Ballroom" with, that`s for sure.
            btw, great eStand items you have up for sale and sold.
            Best New Years wishes to Poland! Ho Ho Ho..
            Last edited by Jo Rivett; 12-26-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

The "Kanzlei des Führers" was the name of a sepcific 'chancellery' or departmental office, one of the four such departments in the NSDAP Government: the Office of the Reichschancellery, the Office of the President, the Nazi Party Office, and Hitler's Private Office, Kanzlei des Führers. The Kanzlei des Führers was overseen by Reichsleiter Philipp Bouhler and in the last years prior to Hitler's appointment as Chancellor, it was one of several offices which resided at the Brown House in Munich. Shortly after Hitler's appointment, Bouhler and Hitler's Private Office staff moved from Munich to a building across the Wilhelmstrasse from the President's Palace in the Government Quarter of Berlin, where it continued until the opening of the New Reichschancellery in January of 1939, shortly after which all four departments moved to their new and final quarters together. When the Kanzlei des Führers resided in Munich, staff dining facilities were provided by the restaurant in the Brown House for all departments there, so tableware such as this piece was not required there. But when Hitler's Private Office moved up to Berlin and occupied it's own building, it provided a staff dining room on those premises. And when the department moved over to the New Reichschancellery it again became one of many departments and office complexes there and its staff used the general RK staff dining room. So I believe this piece and others so marked were produced for the period of a few years when the Kanzlei des Führers existed alone in a building on the Wilhelmstrasse, where it needed to provide services for its staff alone.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                The "Kanzlei des Führers" was the name of a sepcific 'chancellery' or departmental office, one of the four such departments in the NSDAP Government: the Office of the Reichschancellery, the Office of the President, the Nazi Party Office, and Hitler's Private Office, Kanzlei des Führers. The Kanzlei des Führers was overseen by Reichsleiter Philipp Bouhler and in the last years prior to Hitler's appointment as Chancellor, it was one of several offices which resided at the Brown House in Munich. Shortly after Hitler's appointment, Bouhler and Hitler's Private Office staff moved from Munich to a building across the Wilhelmstrasse from the President's Palace in the Government Quarter of Berlin, where it continued until the opening of the New Reichschancellery in January of 1939, shortly after which all four departments moved to their new and final quarters together. When the Kanzlei des Führers resided in Munich, staff dining facilities were provided by the restaurant in the Brown House for all departments there, so tableware such as this piece was not required there. But when Hitler's Private Office moved up to Berlin and occupied it's own building, it provided a staff dining room on those premises. And when the department moved over to the New Reichschancellery it again became one of many departments and office complexes there and its staff used the general RK staff dining room. So I believe this piece and others so marked were produced for the period of a few years when the Kanzlei des Führers existed alone in a building on the Wilhelmstrasse, where it needed to provide services for its staff alone.

Br. James
                Very interesting information. Thank you and best regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X