NSFK Badge? Info Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Badge? Info Please.

I picked up this nice NSFK badge in a Trade, assuming it is good. Weighs just over 1 ounce and Berlin marked. What does it translate too, and is it common or scarce?
    Thanks for any help.
    Mike
    Attached Files

Hello Mike,

I´m very sceptical with this badge, I´m quite sure it´s a copy.

The sharpness of the lettering is not good enough and everything seems to be to soft.

Let´s wait for the real NSKK-experts ... I hope I´m wrong.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Another view of the front.
      Attached Files

Comment

And back again. The wear to the finish appears natural to me.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not an expert .... but that badge is bad; starting with the pin plate and poor quality enamel. There are a couple websites that specialize in selling repro badges, insignia& awards including these NSFK badges this one along with the 1940 luftrennen, 1938 G6 kustenflug, 1939 alpenzielflug & 1939 WL deutchlandflug (with the rectangular pin plate) are some of the most commonly encountered examples. Just about every online auction regularly has these examples. Those dealers / websites mentioned above advertise that they are selling reproduction items not original items. The auction houses on the other hand sell these as originals. There are a couple of militaria (some well known) dealers who have these badges advertised as and selling as original on their websites.
          Last edited by rlimike; 11-29-2015, 03:36 PM. Reason: info

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Luckily I have a inspection period, so it will be going back to the Seller shortly.

Comment

copy / phantasy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X