Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reichsparteitag 1936 - The album rimmed leather and canvas. Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsparteitag 1936 - The album rimmed leather and canvas. Question.

Hello. I have a book with Reichsparteitag 1936. The album that I've seen on the Internet have blue canvas cover. My album has gray cover. The spine of the book is made of red leather. Is this release is rare? What is its price? (From the blue covers I've seen for 200 USD or more). Regards Martin
    Attached Files

foto 2

foto 2
    Attached Files

Comment

foto 3

foto 3
      Attached Files

Comment

foto4

foto4
        Attached Files

Comment

foto5

foto5
          Attached Files

Comment

I found this. It should be the same book.

http://www.booklooker.de/app/detail....=A01I1oX101ZZT

Gerdan

Comment

This is the same book. The blue frame. My, however, it has an exclusive setting. At the top cards are gold-plated.

Comment

Hi Martin,

As I see it, this is an original copy of the 1936 edition of the RPT series by CA Weller of Berlin, though it appears that the binding had been severely damaged (perhaps by water). It appears that this copy was rebound to at least some degree, possibly because the binding was so damaged that it was separating from the boards and the pages. Someone had this book rebound with a red leather spine, and they went to the trouble of having the book's title re-stamped into the new spine in gold leaf. Also at the time of the rebinding, the cover boards were apparently cut down -- again possibly because the blue-green linen covers were so damaged -- and in so doing, the cover lost it's gilded outline.

This is a unique piece, but just as when someone went to the trouble of having a copy of MK or other of the well-known TR books privately rebound, IMO it is not an example of an edition created for mass publication, even if limited, but rather it is a one-of-a-kind specialty piece. I have collected each of the seven annual editions of this Weller series on the RPTs, including the re-published 1933 edition, and while some of those books are almost as pristine as the day they were originally sold, others have suffered from various issues of storage and exposure...as this piece originally did.

Hope these thoughts are helpful to you,

Br. James

Comment

Agree 100%. Also, it would be difficult to sell the 1936 volume for $200.00. With patience you can find copies for $100.00 to $160.00.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

A major draw-back, IMO, is not only the general condition of the linen cover boards but also that of the '36 RPT logo stamped onto the cover. This was the most distinctive feature of that year's Party Congress, and the condition of the gilding is very poor on this example.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X