Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper/ Cardboard Wall or Parade eagles-

Hi All,

I have recently seen a few examples of these compressed paper/ cardboard wall eagles sold. For those like myself unable to afford the crazy prices that aluminum, zink or bronze wall eagles sell for these days, these original birds seem affordable -usually selling for 1 or 2 hundred dollars. They can make a great display eagle to put above a collection or decorate a piece of empty wall in the collecting den. They usually seem to be painted in silver paint or clad with a thin silver metal coating and are also often RZM marked. This example is quite worn but at over 2 feet wide, I think would still make a nice wall piece- at least in this photo the baby's parents seem to agree with me (although baby doesn't seem that impressed).

Cheers
    Michael
    Attached Files

I've always liked these. Like you, I cannot afford the big, heavier material made ones. These would make a perfect substitute though. Congrats on the eagle.

Sydney

Comment

Super B/W pic

Comment

Hi Michael,

Lovely impressive eagle, I really like it!
        I have a similarly constructed (foil fronted) wreath of oakleaves with a black rotating swastika in the centre, and a red circular card with "Wir Danken Unser Fuhrer" in gold script with a small swastika above the text.
        These came from a bar in Vienna, which had several other similar items which were too large to transport back to England.
        Your eagle is a outstanding example of this type of item though, many thanks for showing.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Great eagle and photo, thanks for showing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X