Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star of David (Juden Haus)

Hello to everyone,

I got today this iron star of David marked "JUDEN HAUS" (JEWS HOUSE). Is it a common find? What was the exact purpose of this?

Many thanks in advance.

looks like a total fake to me...

Comment

Agree--and the artificial aging doesn't make it more convincing.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Hi, thank you for the comments. I think it has a good chance to be genuine, the aging of the piece is not artificial, I'm sure about that because I work in archaeology and have handled several detector finds that had the very same patina and corrosion. Let's wait for more opinions

Comment

Being "fake" presumes it is a copy of something real - So those claiming fake really should post an example of a real one.

Comment

Mega rare item " JUDEN HAUS " from Munchen. German use this star to mark Jewish homes and companies. Just, this star was dug in Munich. Made in aluminum or other light metal.

The description to one if these 2 stars.

I can't tell you if they ever exist.
            Attached Files

Comment

Why would anybody fake this?

No obvious reference to the TR.

Comment

The metal star was in Ww2 a sign on houses in Germany were jewish people lived before they were deported to the forced labor camp are concentration camps.
                Better known as JUDENHAUS.
                Question, how do i post a picture?

Comment

The metal star was in Ww2 a sign on houses in Germany were jewish people lived before they were deported to the forced labor camp are concentration camps.
                  Better known as JUDENHAUS.Original item that was found in Munich.
                  Thanks.

Comment

I don't doubt that they could be legitimate, and, with the wording it makes sense, but what would be the point of attaching something like this to a house? IMO the new government would not approve of marking a house with a Star of David in the 30s because they were very sensitive to the foreign press and did not want to negatively impact foreign trade or tourism. In the 40s, it would have been unnecessary as the police knew who was living where due to the registration requirements.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X