SS Mother's Cross? - What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Mother's Cross? - What is it?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions on this Mother's Cross with detached SS roundel. It came with a bunch of real relics, but I don't what to make of it. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Fantasy item I'm afraid John, the cross itself doesn't have the quality of an original medal. Maybe just a poorly struck original that was rejected before the white enamel was added ...

Ian

Comment

Another photo
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, a rejected Mother's Cross blank ... surprising it got as far as having the blue enamel applied given the off-centre strike.

Ian

Comment

Any idea where the SS piece came from? Is it original?

Comment

The entire peice is crap, even the mother's cross base. This must be one of those joke threads....right?

Comment

Originally posted by John W. Krueger View Post
              Any idea where the SS piece came from? Is it original?
              From someone that had no idea of the history of these artifacts and is a novice--and that's being kind--metalworker; most likely produced sometime in the past 20 years in either Pakistan, Asia or Eastern Europe.

Comment

Thats not the first one i have run into. Actually seen one at the SOS past!! I looked it over pretty good and im sure the mothers cross was original and the ss added.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X