Unknown armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown armband

Anyone knows something about these 2 different armbands from the two Marina- SA men ?

Has it something to do with the Olympic Games ?

Location is in Grünau ( rowing course ) during the Olympic Games 1936

Regards

Tom32

Yes, they were used with the Olympic Games in 1936 at Berlin and the other locations.
    Have no time at this moment, but I will have a look of what they were exactly!

Comment

that would be nice... thanks

Comment

The man at right I do not know, but at left wears an armband which by many functions was worn: it has a black edge, red middle-field upon which the Olympic symbol with the Brandenburger-gate is visible. Beneath this field there are indications in black to be found as:
        Organistionskomitee (member for the Olympic Games organization, also supervisors and persons that did accompany guests), Internationales Olympisches Komitee, but eventually also OK- and IOC Staffel (drivers for the commity), Fahrdienst or Kraftfahrstab (also drivers), Fahrbereitschaft für Kurierdienst (couriers), which all were combined in the Kraftfahr-Stab (which is confirmed as it is also known to exist as a car flag). I thought I had a list, but cannot find it. Many who wore such an armband were from the NSKK (the men with the shown photo)!!
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-10-2015, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks Wilhelm,

that these armbands has something to do with the Organistionskomitee - okay , I thought already, but what exactly - it looks like a "pokal" on the armband from the left person ...if anyone knows.

The name of both persons are known !!

The left one ( from him there are not much images to find )

You don't know him ???

It's the Standartenführer Iwan Crompton

- former WW1 Oberleutnant z.S. - Iwan Crompton , one of only two survivors of the sunk U-41

Keywords: der Baralong Fall ( Baralong Incident), WW1 , U27, U41

He also pulished a book about this : "U 41"; der zweite "Baralong"-Fall

On this photo he looks good again. ( must read the story of the Baralong incident )

It exists also a special medal about this case - created by Karl Goetz

http://collections.rmg.co.uk/collect...cts/39816.html

Regards

Tom32
          Last edited by Tom32; 09-10-2015, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Hello,

yes I am aware of Staffelführer Crompton. I had heard about him. I have a photo of him in one of my books about NSKK headgear.

The "pokal" you mention is: in the upper part the Olympic rings above the silhouette of the Brandenburger Tor (I already mentioned
            this in the other post).

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post

The "pokal" you mention is: in the upper part the Olympic rings above the silhouette of the Brandenburger Tor (I already mentioned
              this in the other post).
              Okay ... if you know that ( now I also found a pic of the the O.K. medal ) and look again to that symbol on the armband .... and yes, now it makes sense .

Thanks Wilhelm

Regards

Tom32

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X