NSKK Nord ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Nord ring

Ok guys so there was apparently the guys soldbuch and several photos albums that were sold a couple of years ago. One of my contacts just rediscovered this ring and I picked it up today. Wish I had the rest of the stuff it came with two years ago. Are these common or what? Just looked awesome and the period engraving with 1940 date is pretty cool! Matt
    Attached Files

A

Comment

Aa
      Attached Files

Comment

Aaaa
        Attached Files

Comment

Qq
          Attached Files

Comment

H
            Attached Files

Comment

Ring

Why does an NSKK ring have a Luftwaffe eagle?

Comment

I'd guess they just had a pattern of ring and went with it. The ring is without a doubt original. An eagle is an eagle. Why do you see period pics of SS guys with Heer Eagles I wear? It's because that's what they had available. The engraving is period style and as far as I'm concerned it's a scarce period piece. Matt

Comment

ive never seen one... (back to your original question of rarity)... im not one to judge it as original or not, but i do know the "norge" pattern, with (you name it) in the cartouche, boats, eagles, etc...is a pretty common repro, ebay always has a few...again, not making the judgement...all i know is as a relatively new collector, ive learned that some of my ring experienced mentors arent big fans of norge rings, probably for that reason..

Comment

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/third-...l-fake-536667/

similar style, the blocks are there to have whatever engraved into it, be it a date or what not. Could be your initials if you wanted. A great and uncommon ring. Matt

Comment

I like it a lot. Normally there were 19 and 40 engraved instead of NS KK. That's all. Just a Modifikation for the buyer IMHO.

Comment

Ring

Again - why does an NSKK ring have a Luftwaffe eagle? How about a very CLOSEUP pic of that engraving? Whenever I see more than one ring in this block shape, engraved in the exact same manner, in the exact same location, I get suspicious, and I've seen several. I'm NOT convinced it's an original ring.

Comment

Per my contact the guy was in the NSKK but he has long since sold the soldbuch and the photo albums. I'll post some additional pics over the weekend, it's an original period ring. If I had the rest of the stuff it would be a no brainier, but since it's just the ring it makes some nervous. It's a stunning ring and it easily stands on its own merits. Matt

Comment

Ring

After looking at many "Norge" rings on the internet, they may be copies of this particular ring, so I now believe that it's probably authentic. Please realize that every Nazi ring deserves scrutiny, as many, many of them ARE fakes. Many of the similar rings have the ".835 S" stamp, but none had the same maker mark above like yours. Best Regards

Comment

Artwork on side is typical period work

Fakes on I offer or your usual suspects come nowhere near this

I would imagine in Norway this was a generic type ring sold to all WH personnel

Also what is interesting is there was a small contingent of The NSKK in Norway making this piece appealing.

here is a link to the other one reviewed on WAF

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/Forums/s...d.php?t=794347

Only bad point on this one is it was separated from the grouping
                              Iam Uncle Sam
                              That’s who Iam
                              Been hiding out
                              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X