Does anyone recognize this armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone recognize this armband?

I have looked high and low but no luck identifying it...

Latvian SS Luftwaffenhelfer. However this one is a repro. Originals apparently are darker in color, should be 2 pieces and the stripe shouldn't be printed, but rather a paint like material? Either way the proportions of the swastika and diamond right outside it are off.

Comment

It's supposed to be the armband for a Latvian organisation originally called Latvju Jaunatnes Organizacija (LJO) who were were used as Landdienst and Luftwaffe Helpers. The Landdienst youths were under control of the HJ and the luft as you would expect initially under the Luftwaffe, however in November 1944 the SS took control and they became known as SS Zöglinge.

I'm not a cloth collector so am unable to give an opinion on the armbands except to say that from what I have heard, the armbands are considered to be fakes.

Sorry, posted at the same time as Kyle's reply above....

Cheers
      Don
      Last edited by Don Scowen; 08-29-2015, 10:40 AM. Reason: Double posting

Comment

Thank you both.

I am sorting through a large collection that has plenty of rare gems, but some fakes interspersed...familiar story!

I appreciate your speedy replies.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
          It's supposed to be the armband for a Latvian organisation originally called Latvju Jaunatnes Organizacija (LJO) who were were used as Landdienst and Luftwaffe Helpers. The Landdienst youths were under control of the HJ and the luft as you would expect initially under the Luftwaffe, however in November 1944 the SS took control and they became known as SS Zöglinge.

I'm not a cloth collector so am unable to give an opinion on the armbands except to say that from what I have heard, the armbands are considered to be fakes.

Sorry, posted at the same time as Kyle's reply above....

Cheers
          Don
          Some of the regulation info from a thread on these on HJ-Research (great forum to join for HJ stuff btw!). They should be multipiece, however of the other types I have seen 100% printed, though they are very crude in design

The second half of the diagrams I do not have. There is also Russia, Crimean and Volga region, Ukraine, and Galicia.
          Attached Files

Comment

And there seems to be 2 different Latvian types? Anybody know why? The one without the swastika isn't mentioned anywhere that I know of.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X