help on tabs id sa ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help on tabs id sa ??

these and the next photos are up for auction are they sa ? original or fake and aprox. values any help would be great thank you.
    Attached Files

more tabs

photos the one looks like an heer cap wreath half added.
    Attached Files

Comment

tabs

any ideas ? sa is not my area
      Attached Files

Comment

last photos

thanks for any help.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't think any of them are original. The first scan of the rank tab is possibly original, but the piping doesn't look quite right. A scan of the reverse would be helpful.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Tabs

Some of the pips, and the metal numeral are probably real, but nothing else, IMO. What's next?..............Hansa and Hessen tabs made out of 503 denim?
            The first hint that an SA collar tab might be fake, is the "Wrangler" patch on the back.

Comment

thanks all

I thought they were fishy they did match any in the books or any I had seen in displays JUNK!

Comment

Tabs

Don't feel too bad - they DID sometimes make tabs from unusual material. But these ain't them. I'm pretty sure this tab I'm showing is original. Note the cardboard backing and the weird piece of plastic The significance of the pip is unknown, but Angolia's book has a similar wine-red tab with a silver pip. enjoy..
                Attached Files

Comment

Plastic?

Closeup.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

I concur..id stay clear...SGs is good though

Comment

Tabs

Luftwaffe Blue or Erich.......
                      A. Ever see white plastic-like material like that before?
                      B. Any ideas on what era that wine tab may have been made? Embroidery IS light yellow. Tab is very small.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                        Luftwaffe Blue or Erich.......
                        A. Ever see white plastic-like material like that before?
                        B. Any ideas on what era that wine tab may have been made? Embroidery IS light yellow. Tab is very small.
                        Yes i have seen that type and other styles too..the tab has stitching i have on a Berlin tab Laurens states was early

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X