No announcement yet.

Blood Order no.1 to 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only comment is will the faker uses an un-numbered BO , stamps no. 3 and hide under the worn out condition.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
      My only comment is will the faker uses an un-numbered BO , stamps no. 3 and hide under the worn out condition.
      Maybe but a faker would have an almost impossible task of getting the number font right and how many unnumbered 1st pattern BOs are out there? Not more than a few that I'm aware of.

The condition of the Himmler BO is horrible from the small photo but the historical value would almost trump condition in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Maybe but a faker would have an almost impossible task of getting the number fonts right and how many unnumbered 1st pattern BOs are out there? Not more than a few that I'm aware of.

Comment

I'd also hope the medals provenance would be traceable , let's wait till the catalogue description is completed. Damage can hide a multiple of sins so we need better images and before bidding I will take a hands on inspection including the previously mentioned factors.
          It is an exciting medal to own that's for fact. Not so much do for everyone though. Not the be all and end all for me, I rank other political characters of more importance than Himmler , for my taste and collection anyway.

Comment

Pinnacle of Blood Orders ?

I assume that Gregor Strasser has a BO, or am I wrong?Could someone enlighten me ? Or was he stuck in Northern Germany? Hitler's is with Wolfe/aka CG.What was Goring's number out of interest ?

Comment

Here's a link to the BO ledger posted on my website that I found in the National Archives:

http://www.ssdaggers.com/BO/blutorden.html

Enjoy!

RossK

Comment

Thanks for the list Ross

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
                  I assume that Gregor Strasser has a BO, or am I wrong?Could someone enlighten me ? Or was he stuck in Northern Germany? Hitler's is with Wolfe/aka CG.What was Goring's number out of interest ?
                  Kyle, Goering's BO wasn't numbered.

Comment

BO#3 photos:
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would need it closer still to look out certain details. It has good potential, but I have seen a very good fake circulating that with some beating up could be very dangerous. Don't think this is one but before passing out 20k plus would require a hands on inspection.
                      Nothing against HH or the medal, but due diligence is always a necessity with such purchases.
                      Looks like it was stored in his chicken shed

Comment

What a mess

It looks as if it has been run over by a freight train, 20 000 euros no way, and I would be quite wary about this piece there is something not quite right about it

Comment

It truly looks to be in relic condition and not a medal that I would put any major money out for regardless of its original owner.

Comment

I am trying to figure out how it got into this condition. If one wanted to destroy it, just pound witha hammer until no details are visiable. The damage is very odd and it is not something I would buy for my collection. I would never be comfortable with it.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I would like it even better in nicer condition.

Comment

Now having seen this from the photos, I won;t be comfortable parting 20k of cash on it. Sorry but a no from me.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X