Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unique Todt sign

Hi,
    I got These days a lot of things and before putting them on estand I want to Show them. The SA sign is common but the Todt sign is the first Kind i saw, it is all brass in the letters etc is deep engraved. size about 50 cmx40 cm.
    Does anyone know more about this sign, is it raer, or how much is it traded for?
    Thanks for your help!
    Dirk
    Attached Files

I was hoping Wim Saris would respond, since he recently researched a book about metal/enameled signs, which I don't have yet. I've never seen an original brass sign and wonder why, in the midst of material shortages and rationing of vital metals, a wartime sign would be made of brass. I have other questions about it as well, but IMO it's doubtful.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
      I was hoping Wim Saris would respond, since he recently researched a book about metal/enameled signs, which I don't have yet. I've never seen an original brass sign and wonder why, in the midst of material shortages and rationing of vital metals, a wartime sign would be made of brass. I have other questions about it as well, but IMO it's doubtful.
      Erich
      Have not found any information about signs for the OT-organization. Nothing is said about this in the Mitteilungsblatt der Organisation Todt-Zentrale. The sign shown, speaks about Ausrüstung und Bekleidung, but notes about the purchasing of uniforms etc. says this was taken care for by the Gruppe "Bekleidung und Ausrüstung", which was assigned to the Chef der Frontführung. The various so-called Beschaffungsstellen (points of purchasing) and Zentrallager (central depots) were assigned too him. I would guess the indication for the shown signs would have been in order to this!
      Honestly said I cannot give a 100% solution, but bronze signs did exist for the DAF-organisation. But untill when they were granted I do not know. It is quite possible this ended in early war.

Comment

Thanks for the infos!
        It will go on E-stand the next days, since I cannot use it.
        Dirk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X