Early NSDAP book and tie pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early NSDAP book and tie pin

Hey guys I picked this little set up this weekend and am curious if there is any way to get more info on this guy. The book is really interesting and I have never seen one before but felt like I needed to pick it up. I was told the pin came with the book but I can't ever prove that but its still a nice conditioned pin and marked M1/6.

I have no idea how common or uncommon these may be, but its really nice looking. There are no entries, just some stamps in the back pages of it. Also is the 1933 date the year he joined the party? Thank you in advance for any assistance you fine gentlemen can provide.

Please note, only the pin and book came together, the rest are just some pick ups from this weekend. Don't want anyone getting the impression its all together or something. Thanks again in advance for any light you can shed on this book, I do appreciate it.

Matt
    Attached Files

Hi Matt,

A very nice haul indeed! NSDAP Membership Books are certainly not common, though there were once millions issued, as you can tell from this person's membership number: 2,696,922. I believe "Eingetreten an 1 August 1933" translates to entered or joined on August 1, 1933. And the stamps toward the end of the book are probably his paid dues stamps.

While not rare, such books complete with the photograph of the member are not as common as books with the photo removed; people were sensitive about keeping such things with their photos in them, for obvious reasons.

Congrats, my friend!

Br. James

Comment

Br. James,

I appreciate the info on the book. I figured that had to be his number but wish there was something interesting written in the book and what not. I was really surprised that it had the picture in it as people here in Germany are really sensitive about it. I had a DAK grouping I got a month or so ago and the wife sold me everything else but her husbands Soldbuch because it has his picture in it. Im hoping that comes back eventually, gave her my contact info.

I had never seen one of these and it just looked really nice, so I figured I would roll the dice and go for it. I think its really cool that its supposedly his pin and when you look at it with a loop, it appears he is wearing a nice high quality enamel pin just like the one it came with... I can't be 100% but its a pretty safe bet I would say as it was the only pieces of militaria that the guy had.

Matt

Comment

A very fine pick-up.

Regards, Wim
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Here are a few more pics of the book, really pretty cool. Matt
          Attached Files

Comment

q
            Attached Files

Comment

even came with an extra photo of him.
              Attached Files

Comment

ccc
                Attached Files

Comment

last one, still very colorful and interesting little item. Matt
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yep, those are monthly dues stamps. Very nice condition for a book that's almost 80 years old and was regularly carried on one's person!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X