Blood Order holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order holder

Helping with a Type Two Blood Order is #3040, awarded to Albert Friedel from Ostersladnitz/Stiermark. Award date was 25 April, 1940.

Anyone have any idea the organization he was in, ? I assume Austrian to be a lower level political leader. Just need a start to research.

Same fried has a large Gold Party Badge to Hans Mergerer, also assume a lower level political leader.

A direction with either as what group to start with appreciated.

Best,
    Mark

I would look first in the party cards (MFOK and MFKL) to determine basic facts. I wouldn't presume political leader status. Could be police or whatever. The GPB number will help on the second.

Comment

Thanks Joe

Gold Party Badge number is 91639

Comment

I meant that with the party number the party card will be easily identified if there happens to be more than one Hans Mergerers in the party files.

Comment

Hi Mark,

I'm a bit confused...which ain't a new condition for me! In your first note you refer to an "Albert Friedel" from "Ostersladnitz/Stiermark;" Patzwall's list shows an "Albert Friedl" from "Ostersladnitz/Steiermark," but no one by the name of "Friedel" as having received the BO. Then you added "Gold Party Badge number is 91639" to your last note, but I don't understand to whom you are attributing that GPB number. On my list, GPB #*91639 was held by Hans Egerer from Irchwitz, (Kreis Greiz) in Gau Thüringen. How do these two people relate to each other?

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Gold Party Badge number 91639

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Hi Mark,

I'm a bit confused...which ain't a new condition for me! In your first note you refer to an "Albert Friedel" from "Ostersladnitz/Stiermark;" Patzwall's list shows an "Albert Friedl" from "Ostersladnitz/Steiermark," but no one by the name of "Friedel" as having received the BO. Then you added "Gold Party Badge number is 91639" to your last note, but I don't understand to whom you are attributing that GPB number. On my list, GPB #*91639 was held by Hans Egerer from Irchwitz, (Kreis Greiz) in Gau Thüringen. How do these two people relate to each other?

Cheers,

Br. James
              James

Info I had o start was GPB # 91639, and the name it supposedly belonged to was a Hans Mergerer who resided in Gau Thuringen. Could I have been given a typo wrong name ?? I now assume yes. Any data on Egerer ?? Just organization would be a great help and at least a start.

I must also assume have been going in circles looking for the BO holder whose correct name was spelled Friedl. Checking all I have with both (corrected) names still found nothing for either, though the BO I assume to be a 1940 award.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the additional info, Mark. My previous note included what I know about each of these two persons -- Friedl and Egerer -- except that Patzwall lists Friedl's 2nd Issue BO among those approved for conferral on April 25, 1940. This listing, of course, does not include the BO Number assigned to this recipient. What source do you have for linking "number 3040" with this person's award?

As for Egerer, his name was listed among those who resided in Gau Thüringen as of

Comment

Thanks for the additional info, Mark. My previous note included what I know about each of these two persons -- Friedl and Egerer -- except that Patzwall lists Friedl's 2nd Issue BO among those approved for conferral on April 25, 1940. This listing, of course, does not include the BO Number assigned to this recipient. What source do you have for linking "number 3040" with this person's award?

As for Egerer, his name was listed among those "Political Leaders" who resided in Gau Thüringen as of December 31, 1937; as Joe suggested, he may well have also been a member of one or more other organizations at the same time.

Hope this is helpful,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X