Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    You look pretty ridiculous in here.
    Lol my Canadian fellow collector is bringing past baggage to the table I'm afraid. AS I have not agreed to some of his past arguments and posts and theories and have commented to that.

Common sense and intelligence can not be confused as the same thing. And both can't be learned. You either have it or you don't.

Comment

The plaque in question was on an outside wall of a building and originaly held in a frame that had bolt lugs on it. The frame body itself was of U shaped steel and was made around the plaque holding it tightly in place.

As for some confusion that may have been caused by using metric and imperial measurements, I appologise. I was born in the UK in the 60's and as such those of us born in that time are quite happy using both types of measurement.

I would also like to point out that post war, the hazenkreuz and Adolf's name were banned, but you cannot ban a date. So sticking to the law (which Germans are usualy very good at) the building owner did what was asked and no more, ie removing the swas and the mans name.
      Last edited by David Fettes; 12-07-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

mad

This had become mad and it's going noware.

I like it and believe it can be restored. I think it's quite unique and a one off. Some of these building signs were made of cast iron. Being marble I would guess flush mounted into a wall. I think it was specially commissioned to be made for a certain type of office. After the war some homeowner rubbed of the Hitler name and swastika then post war renovations seen the sign covered up with asbestos. Asbestos was heavily used in the UK in the 1950's. It was probably easier to cover up than remove altogether. As a builder I have found a few old metal signs covered over with wood in shop fronts. It's easier just to cover it up.
        I'm not doubting originality as its a quality made piece. I want to know if any forum members cansuggest what it was used to represent? We can debate all day but let's have some opinions. Judging by the thickness and weight of the marble it isn't a wall ornament inside a room. It's that thickness for a reason. Any bricklayers on here may agree it was made to be built into a wall if the building was built around the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
          Save your advices- you have nothing to offer anyways.

Seeing the light?
          What light? Show me one hard fact in this discussion- we still don't know what it is, or anything else about the item and you're talking about seeing the light?
          Only attempt to characterize it kinda hit the wall IMO (the dates jive part) and you'd have me believe not only it is what you think it is but everything else about it is crystal clear too.

Knowledgeable people in the marble plaques dept? Aha, I met a few knowledgeable in their own minds but that's about it. Are you one of the knowledgeable ones?
          Two words Matt.....

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
            So Matt, you picked your fight as usual and you got one but your not learning anything with your head up your ass. These items need to be seen, they need to be handled, they need to be recognized and you cannot get that information from books and idiots, you need to touch these items and get out and handle them.
            Touched and handled in person, huh? Tell me- when you handled two miniatures of 1929 pins side by side and as you admitted one was ever so slightly smaller than the other- did that not make you think that maybe one is not quite to par or was it a time when you had your head up your ass as well?
            What about having to text pictures of items you wanted to buy during a show when your extensive knowledge base was simply not extensive enough to tell a fake from the real 29 plaque? The guy who grabbed you arm and told you its not for your collection was me- not that I saved you any money- I am sure you'd list it on your website just the same.
            The handling of the items was not enough then but you depended on someone looking at the phone pic to tell you if it was real?
            Who are you trying to kid here? You're lucky you picked a niche where items can not be so obviously identified as fakes- if they were your name would be mud.
            Last edited by Matthew; 12-07-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
              Two words Matt.....
              Anytime, but I'd prefer in person big guy.

Comment

I would also like any personal disagreements between members to take place via PM or a thread elesewhere, I do not hijack other peoples posts and I expect others to do the same.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                  I would also like any personal disagreements between members to take place via PM or a thread elesewhere, I do not hijack other peoples posts and I expect others to do the same.

Thank you.
                  My apologies David, I got carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                    My apologies David, I got carried away.
                    Thank you Matthew, apology accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Buzzer View Post
                      I'm not doubting originality as its a quality made piece. I want to know if any forum members can suggest what it was used to represent? We can debate all day but let's have some opinions. Judging by the thickness and weight of the marble it isn't a wall ornament inside a room. It's that thickness for a reason. Any bricklayers on here may agree it was made to be built into a wall if the building was built around the same time.
                      Typically the end date of similar signs or plaques holds a key as to the items inception which is why I asked which town it was found in. I would think it had something to do with the celebrations in March 1933. Hopefully if David shares its location it would narrow the possibilities here.

cheers

Matt

Comment

9th Nov 1923 was the date of the Munich Putsch.
                        21st March 1933 was a ceremony marking the beginning of the Third Reich at the tomb of Frederick the Great, known as the Day of Potsdam.
                        The Enabling Act (Ermächtigungsgesetz) was passed two days later.

The plaque was found near Kulmain, Bayern.

Comment

Everybody should recognise this picture which was taken on that day (21st) in March 1933, a very important date in Nazi history.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X