SA Boots...? opinions please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Boots...? opinions please...

Would like opinions on these boots...have them on hold with seller but would like some honest opinions...

Thanks
    FS
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Pink View Post
    Would like opinions on these boots...have them on hold with seller but would like some honest opinions...

Thanks
    FS
    second set of pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

They look fine for an SA or Political Leader display. It looks like the leather is split (or it may be only the stitching broken) on the front of the left boot--if that's the case, I hope the price is not too high.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Erich, now I see what you mean...hmmmm...what would a reasonable price be for them, knowing a shoemaker needs to restore that spot...I totally missed that...too quick with the adrenalin I guess...asking 500 US

Comment

I agree that the price should reflect the condition of the item but I would not have them repaired unless you were going to wear them (which I doubt).

Would you pay a tailor to repair a rip on a combat jacket? All part of the history and the character.

Comment

IMO 500 US is too much, unless they were in immaculate condition. I wouldn't pay more than 200 for the pair in this condition. I agree with the last comment--first of all they may not be repairable--if the leather in that area is dry or torn, there's a good chance that more damage would be done in attempting to restitch them. Plus, if you're not planning on wearing them (which I assume you're not), it wouldn't be worth taking the chance.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
              IMO 500 US is too much, unless they were in immaculate condition. I wouldn't pay more than 200 for the pair in this condition. I agree with the last comment--first of all they may not be repairable--if the leather in that area is dry or torn, there's a good chance that more damage would be done in attempting to restitch them. Plus, if you're not planning on wearing them (which I assume you're not), it wouldn't be worth taking the chance.
              Erich
              EXCELLENT INPUT....very grateful for ALL your comments and the great input on valuations...again, the positive values of this Forum and its experienced members.
              Many thanks...
              Floyd

Comment

Great looking pair of boots. I wonder how many butts these kicked in street fights with the Reds?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X