No announcement yet.

S.A Standartenfuhrer set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at this set quite a while ago. At the time I tried researching the Tuebingen tailor, as well as the "Keller" name and found nothing.

I figured the set may have been pieced together on various levels. I found the Tuebingen tailor a bit strange given the Edelweiss on the cap since that would place the unit in an entirely different SA Group. It's possible, of course, but one likes consistency with such things. As mentioned, the lack of service stripes for such a high rank is also strange.

Comment

S.A. Set

Well, that covers all the reasons why this will not sell.
      Love the comment about the display- space. Had that problem too before I sold the whole lot
      [IMG][/IMG]
      As for some old friends that responded :
      Hi Erich, yes, it's been a while. Are you still collecting ? ( I'm not )
      Hi Wilhelm, still going strong ?
      Hi Laurens, yep, the released me after 35 years of hard labour. (Will send you a PM )

Comment

So why doesn't someone email Pete Whammond and explain all this ? ... I did regarding an SS armband and he was fine about it and it was gone the next day.

Ian

Comment

SA Standartenlist

By the way, I still have a, 100 A4 page, list of ALL the SA standarten with their leaders and adresses, brigades etc.etc.etc. The list was made up during the war by the Secret Service to get a full profile of the SA Organisation.
          The list ( it's a copy) was given to me by the late Ed Stadnicki.
          Great document to use while researching SA schouderboards etc.etc.etc.
          I'm willing to sell so of you are interested send me a PM.

Comment

sold

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Holland View Post
              sold
              Pity. I hope the new owner understands what they have purchased.

Comment

The lack of service stripes is definitely a concern but not the kiss of death. I have an Obergruppenfuhrer set without service stripes. It belonged to Gauleiter Dr. Alfred Meyer who received the rank without a doubt as a complimentary position due to his position.

Comment

Originally posted by Darin S. View Post
                  Pity. I hope the new owner understands what they have purchased.
                  I'm sure he does.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X