SA Kampzeit collar tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Kampzeit collar tab

I managed to snap this tab up recently and was told it has recently come out of Germany.

Speaking with Laurens, big thanks, it is circa 1929 and from Gausturm Pfalz.

There appears to be some glue to the edges.

Free to discuss Sean
    Attached Files

closer
    Attached Files

Comment

Sean,
      Is that grey or black?

Comment

Black

Comment

Sean,
          Would you happen to know what sa group is dark grey with black letters?
          I can't seem to find any information on that tab. ..

Comment

According to SA-Befehl Gausturm from November 13, 1926 the color black was used at Württemberg, Austria, Berlin and Pommern. The last two had white embroidery for the number and eventually a silver piping.
            Standarte 49 existed in Pommern at Greifswald (Führerbefehl Nr.V from March 12, 1933 and as 49 mention in later address-lists). That's the information I have. Pfalz had blue and yellow as the secondary colors.

In 1929 Pommern was mentioned to have blue collar-patches; Pfalz was black. In 1931 Pfalz-Saar had black with blue and yellow (order number 4 from November 28, 1931).

I wonder if the patch might be Allgemeine-SS. Standarte 49 existed at Goslar/Harz. In the early stage te embroidery was in white.
            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-12-2014, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Would this one be it?

Comment

Es mentioned, in 1931 Pfalz-Saar had black patches with blue embroidery. Standarte 17 existed later at Kurpfalz. So, the shown patch is anyway early, as no piping was added.

Comment

Thank you Saris

Comment

Tab

IMO, the white outline is "simulated" piping that's partially worn off. There's no other possible explanation. There wasn't any reason to post-war glue the flaps down, because they're sewn in place. And if it had been glued onto something, the glue would be more on the back, not the edges. No - that's "piping", and that is a totally bitchin' tab.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                      According to SA-Befehl Gausturm from November 13, 1926 the color black was used at Württemberg, Austria, Berlin and Pommern. The last two had white embroidery for the number and eventually a silver piping.
                      Standarte 49 existed in Pommern at Greifswald (Führerbefehl Nr.V from March 12, 1933 and as 49 mention in later address-lists). That's the information I have. Pfalz had blue and yellow as the secondary colors.

In 1929 Pommern was mentioned to have blue collar-patches; Pfalz was black. In 1931 Pfalz-Saar had black with blue and yellow (order number 4 from November 28, 1931).

I wonder if the patch might be Allgemeine-SS. Standarte 49 existed at Goslar/Harz. In the early stage te embroidery was in white.
                      So possibly Allegemeine SS?

Comment

Tab

I've seen SA tabs shaped like that, but I've never seen any SS tab that shape.

Comment

Just for interest and comparison, here's an early Gausturm flag from Rockhausen, Pfalz/Saar.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great flag..the static swastika really does stink of kampfzeit

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X