It is the right place here.

Can you post pics of the back as well?

Comment

Back

Here they come.
      Attached Files

Comment

DK Hunter,

The silver "VS" plaque (for Saarland Organization) appears good quality and stands a decent chance of being original IMO.

The "Adolf Hitler/Danzig" plague is of very poor quality...a sandcasing!... which is very UNTYPICAL of German craftsmanship and not like any original period plaque I've ever encountered... but is typical of the Eastern European copies and fantasy items "out there".... I'd give it little chance of being original.

Being that both are "packaged" the same way... does cast doubt on the other plaque...but the "VS" at least stands a chance...

Just my opinion... plaques are easily reproduced .... the Germans never allowed "shoddy" craftsmanship (like the A.H. plaque)
        John G.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
          DK Hunter,

The silver "VS" plaque (for Saarland Organization) appears good quality and stands a decent chance of being original IMO.

The "Adolf Hitler/Danzig" plague is of very poor quality...a sandcasing!... which is very UNTYPICAL of German craftsmanship and not like any original period plaque I've ever encountered... but is typical of the Eastern European copies and fantasy items "out there".... I'd give it little chance of being original.

Being that both are "packaged" the same way... does cast doubt on the other plaque...but the "VS" at least stands a chance...

Just my opinion... plaques are easily reproduced .... the Germans never allowed "shoddy" craftsmanship (like the A.H. plaque)
          John G.
          Bingo!

Comment

Better pictures

Better pictures
            Attached Files

Comment

Cast

They're both cast fakes IMO.
              The VS is 800 marked I see but somehow I do not think it is silver we're looking at.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Both have lots of pitting indicating casting. Neither of these are period.
                Richard V

Comment

Agreed. not a good sign.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X