SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political Awards Paid For By The Recipients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Awards Paid For By The Recipients?

Just wondering which political awards had to be purchased by the recipients and the only one that comes to mind is the GPB while the BO and CB there was no charge to the recipients as far as I know. Any period research out there on other awards that the party may have charged the awardees for?

The only charge that I can think of were possibly for extra awards or replacements?
    Last edited by ErichS; 08-14-2014, 09:21 AM.

Does the partybadge count?

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
      Does the partybadge count?
      Think it does as well as the 29 RPT badge that had to be purchased at the rally.

Long service awards?

Comment

Replacement BOs were a cost to the recipient. Havent seen any indication that recipients were charged for long service awards.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
          Replacement BOs were a cost to the recipient. Havent seen any indication that recipients were charged for long service awards.
          Anything on Gau badges?

So, so far the only high level award that the recipient was charged for was the GPB.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Anything on Gau badges?
            No charge. No word on replacements.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Hi Joe, have you got any thing written down that confirms that statement? From the 25/30 medals I have had researched there has never been mention of a medal replacement or associated cost. Unlike the GPB where it appears on a regular basis when the research file comes back. I mean I'm sure they could but just never seen it as far as I can recall.

Comment

Jon, I usually don't make an unqualified statement without documentation.

From the same source as mentioned above:

§13

Der Verlust einer Ordensmedaille ist unverzüglich unmittelbar dem Reichsschatzmeister zu melden. - Die Lieferung von Zweitstücken und die Nachlieferung von Ordensbändern erfolgt gegen Kostenersatz durch den Reichsschatzmeister. (München 27. August 1938)

§13

The loss of a decoration-medal is to be reported inmediately to the Reichsschatzmeister. - The delivery of duplicate pieces and the subsequent delivery of ribbons occurs through the Reichsschatzmeister against reimbursement of expenses. (Munich 27. August 1938)

Comment

This brings up an interesting question for which I never was able to get an answer in the Blood Order thread.

Was there ever a case known where an original 1st pattern BO recipient requested a replacement due to damage or loss and if so, did they receive another 1st pattern or a 2nd. To my knowledge there are no 2nd pattern BOs with numbers that would normally be associated with the 1st pattern. Additionally there exist some BOs with no number. Could these possibly be planned replacement pieces?
                  Richard V

Comment

Joe, yes I know you don't, but I wanted to see where it came from, so thank you
                    Richard, not that I know of. However if a first pattern winner lost or presumably wore out his brown wearers document he was re issued with a red second pattern document, This I know for fact as I own 2 of them

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                      Joe, yes I know you don't, but I wanted to see where it came from, so thank you
                      Richard, not that I know of. However if a first pattern winner lost or presumably wore out his brown wearers document he was re issued with a red second pattern document, This I know for fact as I own 2 of them
                      Jon, I thought that my reference to the early info was in this thread, but it was on the "Blood Order" thread. The material was found in additional regulations concerning the conferral of the Blood Order were given by Reichsschatzmeister Schwarz from Munich on August 27, 1938. As printed in the Mitteilungsblatt of Gau Köln-Aachen in October of the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                        This brings up an interesting question for which I never was able to get an answer in the Blood Order thread.

Was there ever a case known where an original 1st pattern BO recipient requested a replacement due to damage or loss and if so, did they receive another 1st pattern or a 2nd. To my knowledge there are no 2nd pattern BOs with numbers that would normally be associated with the 1st pattern. Additionally there exist some BOs with no number. Could these possibly be planned replacement pieces?
                        Richard V
                        In the Delev Niemann book on medals, he shows a 2nd pattern BO # 2939 being awarded to a putsch vet who must have missed out on the 1st striking. In the letter from the "Amt fur dem 8.-9. November", dated 7/11/42 and it states that the awardee is to be issued the Besitzausweis in brown.

Comment

Jon, I thought that my reference to the early info was in this thread, but it was on the "Blood Order" thread. The material was found in additional regulations concerning the conferral of the Blood Order were given by Reichsschatzmeister Schwarz from Munich on August 27, 1938. As printed in the Mitteilungsblatt of Gau Köln-Aachen in October of the same year.

While I really enjoy researching source material and presenting it for colleagues on this forum, the above information I presented was available for anyone to read in Patzwall's second edition of "Das Ehrenzeichen vom 9. November 1923 (Blutorden)". Of course the text is German, but the entire Schwarz decree is published for viewing in Patzwall's updated version.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X