DJ Armband???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ Armband???

Was at the local Coin / Military shop yesterday and they had this armband. No price tag, and I am interested in buying it. Never seen a DJ armband if that what this is and if it is real or garbage. Black light test came back ok.

Any one tell me if its real what should it be worth retail. I don't wanna screw the owner of the shop. He is a good guy, a fellow veteran

Thanks all...

Cheers
    Brian
    Attached Files

Looks like a nice NSJV armband, the DJ. It's the Flemish version of the HJ. This the only version that people are 100% sure with on HJ research as the home made types on these are hard to say. I attached some others I know of. Not really sure on value because the first one I attached went up for auction in 2008 and didn't sell for $100, but prices have gone up on a few different other armbands from what I see so I would guess more then $100. I would wait for others on value. They are seldom seen.
    Attached Files

Comment

Some photos of the Flemish youth armband in wear. Note that the shape of the Sigrune appears to be more elongated in these photos than the example shown. Not saying the example shown at the beginning of the thread is not good, but appears different to me than the examples in the photos.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's another one I've been shown where the rune is thinner like the period photo but the diamond and stripe are smaller.
        Attached Files

Comment

Link to discussion thread on the H.J. Research Forum where the photos I posted are shown by Wim Saris and additional comments from Wim and others.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f77...-armband-6024/

Comment

Brian,

Do you have a picture of the innerside?

Comment

No I failed to get inner photo's, but I can in the next day or two..

So the DJ was the Flemish version of the HJ then? Im now confused.

Cheers
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Wiegert View Post
                No I failed to get inner photo's, but I can in the next day or two..

So the DJ was the Flemish version of the HJ then? Im now confused.

Cheers
                Brian

Nope, the Flemish youth just used the same insignia as the DJ

Comment

Then that could be the difference between the thin and fat rune then?

Cheers
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Wiegert View Post
                    Then that could be the difference between the thin and fat rune then?

Cheers
                    Brian
                    Not sure on those differences. The DJ never wore an armband from what I've been told and from what I've read

Comment

The Flemish H.J. wore the armband with the Sigrune. The German D.J. did not wear an armband. The German D.J. wore the Sigrune in various forms depending upon the time frame sewed directly onto the left sleeve in lieu of the armband.

Comment

Gotcha all!!

Im now wondering what the difference is between the thinner and the thick rune. Like Kyles had stated it appears maybe to be a home made one. That could be for the difference in thickness.

Cheers
                        Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X