Do you have a photo of the front?
    Where did you acquire it from?

Mil

Comment

Front
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately it is a reproduction.
        This type has been discussed a few times already.

Mil

Comment

I am not sure, is it a bronze bird or white metal with patina?. I don't think that is the right base, underside?. Natural light maybe. I left a very similar bird on the table at the last show I did and walked away.

Comment

Several more shots.Appears to be bronze.Weighs 15.5 kg.Hope this helps.
            Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

,Reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

Bottom
                Attached Files

Comment

It's bad. Your base is a replacement and material is wrong but that can be had on originals. The cast however is bad and your weight is 30 pounds?, no that means it's solid and should be hollow. Better safe than sorry but these photos kill it.

Comment

Appreciate your interest.
                    Steve

Comment

Glad to help. Do a search and some posts in this forum show good examples of such desk eagles.

Mil

Comment

It's bad. Your base is a replacement and material is wrong but that can be had on originals. The cast however is bad and your weight is 30 pounds?, no that means it's solid and should be hollow. Better safe than sorry but these photos kill it - J. Wraith
                        In my humble opinion, Mil is correct and J. Wraith is spot-on in his assessment of this eagle. Be careful of these solid eagles as I believe that they are cast knock-offs of an original bird. Here are a couple more solid bronze fakes from Wittmann & Germania International. Wittmann later announced his was a modern cast repro & withdrew it from sale.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X