SA tab id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA tab id

Hi i recently bought a pair of tabs both listed as SA cavalry tabs one was a early ss cavalry tab but the other is SA.
    I would appreciate any info on the SA tab.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Attached Files

Your SA tab is for the 3 Sturm of the 66th Reiter Standarte out of SA Gruppe Westfalen. The 66th Standarte was in the City of Munster. Hope that helps?

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark for your help i'm very greatful.Here is a pic of the other tab.
      Cheers
      Dave.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tabs

The 2nd Tab would represent SA Gruppe Berlin-Brandenburg Staff member, Standarte 8. The embroidery is extremely well done, but the piping is peculiar. Most post 1941 enlisted tab piping is a rayon type material resembling drapery cord. I've seen this kind of piping before on another SA tab, but I'm not positive it's authentic. The wine-red tab is 1000% guaranteed authentic, but I'm not sure on the 2nd one.

Comment

Thanks Sgstandard for your post I only showed the second tab just so people could see what came with the SA tab.The second tab has already been confirmed to be pre-1934 allgemeine cavalry tab the white piping was used for a short time to be replaced by black & white piping.
          Here is a link to the thread in the ss section.And a pic of a tab very similar to mine.
          Cheers
          Dave.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=746389
          Attached Files

Comment

Tab

Oh, my mistake - I thought it was supposed to be an SA tab. White piping IS certainly appropriate for an early Allgemeine SS tab. Nice score!

Comment

No problem,and thanks again for your help much appreciated.
              Cheers
              Dave.

Comment

Here's one I had in my collection! Purchased it assuming it was sa tab. .

Comment

Originally posted by yesthatsme View Post
                  Here's one I had in my collection! Purchased it assuming it was sa tab. .
                  Hi Thanks for posting I would say it's ss The chain stitched number could just be a variation.I have only ever seen sa cavalry tabs with metal pennants.
                  Cheers
                  Dave.

Comment

Lovely Westfalen tab, my favourite Gruppe

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                      Lovely Westfalen tab, my favourite Gruppe
                      Thanks Do you have any examples of the cavalry tab.
                      Cheers
                      Dave.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X