RZM Desk Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM Desk Eagle

This just popped up for sale in my area, two photos only and Ive asked for closeups on the RZM stamping which from limited photos appears to be sharper as does the base from the sand casts featured on other threads. Does this one have any chance? Ill post extra photos if I get them. The base looks better from the back but worse from the front, but might be the photo?
    Attached Files

Eagle

Ive researched the threads and learned that someone in Dallas Texas used to recast these things so I guess that cinches it as a reproduction. So the search continues.

Comment

it would make a fine decorator...if the price were right!

Br. James

Comment

Eagle

Yes it would but $250 way too much!

Comment

Amen, Steve...AMEN! Perhaps at $25 one might consider it for a decorator piece! And if this piece is being sold for $250 then that alone would indicate that the seller knows he's trying to flog a fake; a real one from the period would be hundreds higher!

Br. James

Comment

Real ones are now a thousand dollars over.
            Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
              Ive researched the threads and learned that someone in Dallas Texas used to recast these things so I guess that cinches it as a reproduction. So the search continues.
              I wonder if this is our same mutual friend spouting to guys that their wwii authentic Japanese NCO swords were made in the 50s as a commemoratives and aluminum wasn't invented until 1949 so no way it could be WWII.

Comment

Eagle

Well supposedly they were heavily reproduced in Texas so Mikey could be involved

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
                  Well supposedly they were heavily reproduced in Texas so Mikey could be involved
                  Seems to me these things were floating around eBay for a while.....Unfortunately they were listed as the real deal....Bodes

Comment

The detail from the front is very good- even passable. From the back though it's shocking, a large area of lost and messy detailing and what looks like a considerable flaw in the casting with a noticeable depression as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                      The detail from the front is very good- even passable. From the back though it's shocking, a large area of lost and messy detailing and what looks like a considerable flaw in the casting with a noticeable depression as well.
                      Mike,

The details are good but the design is still not quite right. It's not about the patina or the intricate details, but the overall design (i.e. proportion, etc.) is just not convincing and way off.

Mil

Comment

It's about the seam across the back that was very poorly ground off.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X