CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of this Hitler Jugend set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of this Hitler Jugend set?

Update: Seller claims jacket & pants are real, but he believes the shoes are reproduction because the shoes ''look too good to be real''.

Hello all,

I have a question:

Do you think these pieces are authentic? If yes; what would you value this at?

- Uniform consists of:

Jacket
    2 Pants
    1 Pair of shoes

4 Posts, 2 photos each.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ww2boy; 06-03-2014, 01:37 PM.

Pictures 3 & 4
    Attached Files

Comment

Pictures 5 & 6
      Attached Files

Comment

And 7 & 8
        Attached Files

Comment

The jacket looks ok from the pictures and it is a good sign that the shoulder boards 312 (Memmingen) and the triangle are a match. Whether they are period applied is difficult to tell unless in hand, and even then hard to be 100% sure.

Not sure about the trousers though, don't appear to be RZM issue.

Is it a private sale or a dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by giberville View Post
            The jacket looks ok from the pictures and it is a good sign that the shoulder boards 312 (Memmingen) and the triangle are a match. Whether they are period applied is difficult to tell unless in hand, and even then hard to be 100% sure.

Not sure about the trousers though, don't appear to be RZM issue.

Is it a private sale or a dealer?
            It is a private seller.

From the label (I believe it is a label from 1 of the trousers) I can tell it was made in Breda (city in the Netherlands) in 1943.

Is this be a bad thing?

Comment

If you can be sure the tunic is not a post war put together, I would be prepared to pay perhaps £400+ for it. All the parts look ok to me, but I would get more opinions before parting with the cash. What is the seller asking for it?

The trousers I am really not sure. I have a few good books but would need to research more. Will have more time at the weekend!

The label is obviously not a standard RZM issue, which would be most desirable in any HJ clothing item.

Always take care when purchasing and do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by giberville View Post
                If you can be sure the tunic is not a post war put together, I would be prepared to pay perhaps £400+ for it. All the parts look ok to me, but I would get more opinions before parting with the cash. What is the seller asking for it?

The trousers I am really not sure. I have a few good books but would need to research more. Will have more time at the weekend!

The label is obviously not a standard RZM issue, which would be most desirable in any HJ clothing item.

Always take care when purchasing and do your homework.
                Thank you for your reply.

The seller asks 900 Euros for everything, I think it's negotiable.

400 GBP would mean 500 Euros for the tunic.

The trousers are obviously worth less, maybe 200 Euros each? So that would put it at 900 Euros.

He said the shoes are a reproduction.

So I guess it's not a good deal for this set, especially since it doesn't really match.

Comment

Not really a ''set'', first trousers have a side zipwomens?? and the second if period and HJ would be for a leader, DJ perhaps.

Comment

Agree not a set. A match for the shirt would be a pair of short trousers. The trousers with the Dutch label, I don't like at all. The other pair I agree are some sort of leader's trousers, and no match for the shirt itself. Do you have any information about the shirt...is the seller claiming it to be period applied insignia?
                    Hope this helps.
                    Have you bought the set?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X