No announcement yet.

1st pattern BO's die flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the medals in post 21 and 27 the exact same medal? Though there are things that seem to match perfectly, other things don't seem to match very well at all. The left hand lion shows more detail to the face on the one in post 27 and seems to be flat, worn and featureless in post 21. Also the tops of both the right an left side of the building (the parts crowning the corners appear different in detail. I suppose it could be the angle and lighting, but it does make me wonder. I've attached pics with the parts in question circled.
    Richard V
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Richard; 06-03-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Even I recognized it as a fake. Do not focus on the details, but try to see the big picture and you'll find what's giving it away.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
        Even I recognized it as a fake. Do not focus on the details, but try to see the big picture and you'll find what's giving it away.
        Andreas,

I would like to have read your input when this medal was being discussed rather than you just jumping in at the end to say that
        even you recognized it as a fake. This hobby isn't always cut and dry and I offered my opinion as positive due it having the traits that one likes to see on an original. When better photos were posted it left no doubt that it was a fake. This forum is about the discussion of such pieces so that we all keep learning and to keep us and fellow collectors from getting burned.
        Last edited by ErichS; 06-03-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Sorry I joint the party late. My statement was related to Max Porter saying he saw it offered at auction. I did too, but spotted it a fake and did not bother to remember details, save pictures, etc. Was just trying to give a hint as to where to look.

Comment

Correct 902
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chen, Thanks for posting correct numbering examples. The good news (as i'm sure many have noticed) is that the seller removed the questionable B.O not only from sale last week but also from his web-site completely , Once again I like to think that the WAF has saved the day (or at least saved someone some considerable cash)- well done guys.

Comment

Mloppkit,
                  One of the features to look for is that small distinctive ridge at the top of the medal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Chen why not help the fakers a little more?
                    Last edited by Jon Fish; 06-15-2014, 05:56 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X