1st pattern BO's die flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pattern BO's die flaw

Anysuggestion starting from which number that this "die flaw" starts to appear on 1st pattern BO?
    For easy comparison, here you can see the non die flaw one vs. the one starting to have die flaw.
    Attached Files

IMO all type 1's have the die flaw. Not all of the type 2's, and none of the type 3's.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

I am now totally confused. Are the three types all from the first pattern or are there three patterns?
      Richard V

Comment

Let put my question in this way:
        Attached is the list of the first 101 persons getting the 1st pattern BO.
        So starting at which number the die flaw starts to appear?
        Attached Files

Comment

What I've found is that every type 1 (the first ca. 1500 awarded) has the die flaw.
          The type 2's were made by more than one maker, so some have the die flaw and some do not (type 2a, 2b).
          The ones I referred to as type 3 are probably more accurately classed as type 2c--they're found with the highest award numbers and have slight differences in the details of the medal. These never have the die flaw.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
            What I've found is that every type 1 (the first ca. 1500 awarded) has the die flaw.
            The type 2's were made by more than one maker, so some have the die flaw and some do not (type 2a, 2b).
            The ones I referred to as type 3 are probably more accurately classed as type 2c--they're found with the highest award numbers and have slight differences in the details of the medal. These never have the die flaw.
            Erich
            Perfect explanation Erich.
            Cheng, all the 1st patterns have the 3 dot flaw. If you have one without it please show. 2nd patterns in 3 slightly different variations as Erich explains. Flaw ends on the 2nd pattern around #2400/2500 if I recall correctly.

Comment

I concur, all the 1st type BOs that I have inspected all have the flaw.

Comment

I hate to tell the repro artists about this flaw, but here is mine with number over 4000 with it present.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much for the clarification gents. It makes more sense to me now.
                  Richard V

Comment

Ron Weinand - I hate to tell the repro artists about this flaw...
                    This 1st Pattern Blood Order was recently listed on a well-known German site (holder number revealed to serious enquiries apparently). This flaw is clearly shown on this B.O, but based on the photos shown, it is not clear that the B.O is original and could be a repro - with the flaw.....

Best Regards,
                    Michael
                    Attached Files

Comment

Don't have an image currently but mine, numbered 3441, has no flaw or any indication or hint of a flaw.
                      Richard V

Comment

ErichB - The ones I referred to as type 3 are probably more accurately classed as type 2c--they're found with the highest award numbers and have slight differences in the details of the medal. These never have the die flaw
                        Erich, is this one of these 2nd Pattern type 3 (2-C) B.O's without the flaw?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                          This 1st Pattern Blood Order was recently listed on a well-known German site (holder number revealed to serious enquiries apparently). This flaw is clearly shown on this B.O, but based on the photos shown, it is not clear that the B.O is original and could be a repro - with the flaw.....

Best Regards,
                          Michael
                          I have no issues with this BO. It's an original.

Comment

I'm not happy with the medal in post #10 . I would want this in hand before spending out on it. Can you tell me was this image photographed or flat bed scanned?
                            Here is what could be his brother, from the same source perhaps. This one I'm showing is 100% fake.I have not seen the medal you posted, can you mention the dealers name please as there might be trend.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jon,

Yes, I am also not happy with the B.O posted in Post #10, I respectfully disagree with Erich and believe it is a dangerous repro with the die flaw. I have no proof however that it was fake as I never had it in hand to look at with a loupe but from the images posted, it seems to have poor details. It seems different though to the fake one you just posted. I have no idea if it was photographed or scanned but either way it appears to have now been sold. Hopefully the new owner posts it here with better photos than these ones from the dealers site.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X