HJ shoulder board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ shoulder board?

I have a black with red edging Hitler Youth shoulder board with the #388. does anyone know what the red indicates and what the 388 is for???? thanks Brian
    Attached Files

This is a post 1938 pattern H.J. Shoulder board. Piped and numbered in red for general H.J. members without a specialty. The number 388 is the H.J. Bann number. In this case Bann 388 Schleiden-Monschau of the West/Köln-Aachen Gebiet.

Comment

HJ shoulder board?

thanks for the information! what does the different piping indicate on HJ shoulder boards? thanks Brian

Comment

On post 1938 pattern shoulder straps the piping and number color represents certain specialties. When looking at H.J. straps it is important to consider the time frame the straps were used as things changed with reorganizations several times. This is a generic guideline for post 1938 pattern straps, but there are many other types of H.J. straps.

Red for general H.J. members.
        Pink for Motor H.J. members.
        White for Striefendienst H.J. members.
        Blue for Flieger H.J. members.
        Yellow on a black strap for Nachrichten H.J. members.
        Yellow an a blue strap for Marine H.J. members.

This is for numbered H.J. straps for lower level members and leaders. For more information on H.J. strap look at my blogsite in my signature.

Comment

HJ shoulder strap?

thanks for all your help! Brian

Comment

Brian,
            I've noticed that you are a member of the HJ Research forum. Lots of great factual information about H.J. straps there and detailed photos as well.

http://www.hj-research.com/

Best,
            Darin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X