NSKK diamond for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK diamond for review

Guys need some help on this one,,was bought as an original, but me thinks NOT, does glow under black light

Thanks much

Greg
    Attached Files

pic#2 also its padded
    Attached Files

Comment

pic#3
      Attached Files

Comment

No comments yet?

Comment

Diamond

I'm no expert on these, but the workmanship is so well done, I'd be surprised if it's not original. I vote "good". The backing threads look like they should, IMO - similar to SS traps.

Comment

Thanks SgStandard,,

Greg

Comment

NSKK Diamond

I Vote Yes on this patch. It looks exactly like the one I have that I know is authentic. I have read that the "Glowing" can come from coming in contact with modern day soaps or Detergents. So..Yes. Thanks for sharing, Butch

Comment

Thanks guys,,had it sold on E-stand as repo and then the buyer flaked out MIA, I know there not high dollar Items,,but still glad to know its good,so thanks to the buyer for NOT buying

Greg

Comment

Guys,, another member has PM me regarding this Diamond, he believes its a repo,, so I have it on E-stand now in the Insignia Table,, so you know,, ok lets here some more thoughts

Best
                  Greg

Comment

Hello,

I am the other forum member that brought this to the sellers attention. This is a known reproduction eagle. It is one of the 40+ year old reproductions that has been selling in the collecting community. The ones on black and some of the white ones do not glow and are made of natural fibers. I purchased one exactly like this at the 2012 SOS from the "Big Blue Tub" A strip of 3 for $10. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Blue+tub

Here is a shot of the one I have. Sorry that my camera skills are lacking.

Fred
                    Attached Files

Comment

a
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guys I found the one in Benders NSKK book,, and it does show some diff and also I found one on a dealers site that matches the one in Benders book,,so with that in mind,, I guess my first thoughts were right on,,other wise known as gut feeling that this was a repo besides the glowing,,so I have removed it from Insignia Table,, and will sell it as repo again,,and many thanks to all who commented and to Fred for his help to clarify.

Greg

Comment

Greg,

Thank you for listening! These 40+ year old patches are all through the market. Newer collectors have absolutely no idea about them. The link that I posted in the page above is on this forum!! Do a search for Blue tub and it will come up.

Fred

Comment

Yes it is a definite FAKE, there were so many of these around from the old days that Reddick of Texas is still selling them , for $3.60 each; they are pictured in color in their catalog nr. 7, on page 18, insignia nr. "G". If that character "Butch" thinks his is real that is exactly like this well-known fake, he needs to toss it in the trash bin, or sell it on the estand for what anybody can buy one for from Reddick.

Comment

Character?

Oh Well,I've been called worse by Better,Butch,"AKA" The Character
                              I guess that it makes no difference that mine is padded and does not Glow.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X