Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    The three cast fakes on this thread mentioned by me (RonR, Stephen - Gaston) were also examined in detail and exposed under magnification to be - what they are - poorly cast reproductions.
    Originally posted by sjl View Post
    I've examined my stickpin. It is not cast. Under magnification there are no pits, seams or casting flaws.
    I have to ask Stephen- how is it possible that Rivett examined your pin in detail and under magnification to be a cast fake but your findings are the exact opposite?

cheers

Matt

Comment

Jo has never examined my badge, unless his microscope can see things all the way over here in Canada ,

I'm not sure what Jo meant by saying:

"The three cast fakes on this thread mentioned by me (RonR, Stephen - Gaston) were also examined in detail and exposed under magnification to be - what they are - poorly cast reproductions."

Jo never "examined" mine. Don't know about ROnR or Gaston's. Maybe he looked at one he thinks is similar to mine based on a 72 dpi screen image, except if he had, he would have seen it clearly is not a "poorly cast reproduction." As I said, solid copper (tested by a chemist friend of mine).

I can't imagine there's a big market for such an obscure pin, but I only have $50 in it. Regardless, a cursory look tells you it is not cast.

Stephen

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
      I have to ask Stephen- how is it possible that Rivett examined your pin in detail and under magnification to be a cast fake but your findings are the exact opposite?

cheers

Matt

Comment

Al Haag deuce

Jo has never examined my badge, unless his microscope can see things all the way over here in Canada ,

"The three cast fakes on this thread mentioned by me (RonR, Stephen - Gaston) were also examined in detail and exposed under magnification to be - what they are - poorly cast reproductions."

Jo never "examined" mine. Don't know about ROnR or Gaston's. Stephen
        So now we're being fed deliberate lies to condemn badges.

BTW- your story matches Ron's. Sad.

Matt

Comment

Regardless, a cursory look tells you it is not cast.

Stephen
          I am sorry that i had to use your past errors in-print and expose them as such in The Party Badge book, but in the end it was your fault for writing them and seeing as the book deals only with the unedited truth, i had to. I will of course, though, understand that baggage is to be possibly dragged along by you (and maybe others) for all of INTERNET forum eternity.
          Your "cursory" test tells you what you want to hear, and you write what goes with the flow on this thread. Your badge is cast, end of story. If you wish to promote anything to the contrary, you would need to prove it.

As the Party Badge book conclusively showed on more than one occasion, you were wrong on a few issues before, in-print, and therefore your mere words alone cannot be trusted without being supported by anything. Fact, not a jab.

Here is a micro-video of a cast badge - identical to yours - compared to the genuine.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA9t...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Stephen, RonR and Gaston:

Since Herr Rivett deals only in the "unedited truth" there is no longer any room for debate.

If Jo says something is a fake, then all doubt is removed.

Just be thankful we have such an expert to tell us how to think.

Those obscure stickpins of yours that are readily available all the time, and at every show, in their multitudes, and practically growing on trees, because they are reproductions, are just junk, and be happy Jo deemed to come from above to the mud of the earth to be kind enough to tell you so.

Next stop trash bin!

I'd be happy to take them off your hands for ten bucks each.

Any takers?
            Last edited by Gary Symonds; 09-18-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post

I'd be happy to take them off your hands for ten bucks each.

Any takers?
              OK, i have two of the same fakes that Gaston RonR and Stephen have, (the ones i used for the article in the cold white base metal) and 30 more in a different metal i cast myself - from the fake, not the genuine(s), as well as 12 or so in rubber and 12 in foam. I have two clay master molds (of the fake) as well. So let me know what one(s) you want for $10 a pop, and they are yours. If you go for the two white metal casts - the ones you and others believe are real - then there are only two, so thats 20 plus 30 registered with PayPal fees, so CHF 50.- and we are sweet. If you want another kind then the stock is never ending so i`ll come down to 3 cents a dozen. I can also make molds from molds, so if you wanted to open up shop no problem.

I have never had anyone want to pay me hard cash for the fake - after it is exposed as such, but we live and learn. At least i can recoup 10 of the 30 it cost me.
              You have my eMail, thats my PayPal mail as well, so i`ll just wait for your payment shall i? I have your address already.
              Last edited by Jo Rivett; 09-18-2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

ooOOooops i forgot to add, i always engrave I M I T into the reverse. "Imitation" in both languages, it prevents people from trying to sell fakes as originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                  ooOOooops i forgot to add, i always engrave I M I T into the reverse. "Imitation" in both languages, it prevents people from trying to sell fakes as originals.
                  Gee, thanks Jo, with your imprimatur of inauthenticity, nobody can now go wrong!

With the "unedited truth" you saved us again from ourselves.
                  Last edited by Gary Symonds; 09-18-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                    Gee, thanks Jo, with your imprimatur of inauthenticity, nobody can now go wrong!

With the "unedited truth" you saved us again from ourselves.
                    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.Socrates.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X