Gold Party Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
    Not sure but here is his website: http://www.militariaresearch.com/index.htm

cheers
    Matt
    Thanks a lot!

Comment

As you said, yesterday certainly was a good day for you, with a fine GPB and a beautiful SS M-33 added to your collections! Congratulations!

I'm sorry to say that #97234 is not on my list of attributed badges. That NSDAP Member just slipped under the 100,000 limit to receive the GPB! This number is among those issued on August 1, 1928.

In addition to Rob McDivitt, you should try Mike Constandy of Westmoreland Research, who is another professional archivist and researcher. His email address is info@westmorelandresearch.org.

Good luck...and you're already well on your way!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        As you said, yesterday certainly was a good day for you, with a fine GPB and a beautiful SS M-33 added to your collections! Congratulations!

I'm sorry to say that #97234 is not on my list of attributed badges. That NSDAP Member just slipped under the 100,000 limit to receive the GPB! This number is among those issued on August 1, 1928.

In addition to Rob McDivitt, you should try Mike Constandy of Westmoreland Research, who is another professional archivist and researcher. His email address is info@westmorelandresearch.org.

Good luck...and you're already well on your way!

Br. James
        Thank you Br.James, its tough collecting on a college budget but I have finally managed to pick a couple nice pieces and for good prices. Patience certainly pays off, and being a member here definitely has helped me many times. I will contact McDivitt and Constandy later today. If I do get any more information from either I will post it here.

Comment

Wow, that's the kind of thing that simultaneously excites and depresses me as a fellow collector
          ------------------------------------------------
          Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Well just an update, contacted McDivitt and Mike but no luck yet. Perhaps the number will come up later. Good news is that the guy I got it from, bought it from a friend of his who said it bought it from the vet's grandson. So I will try to get in touch with him and hopefully get the vets name. Hopefully then research can commence.

Comment

A quick word of advice: as regards GPB research, PATIENCE is the watchword! Two of the badge numbers in my collection have been in the hands of both Mike Constandy and Rob McDivitt for several years and no luck yet. But since there is no longer any complete and centralized NSDAP Membership list to work with, research is piecemeal at best. Often information arises from small lists of members of other organizations who have also listed their Party Member's Number on that application. So any idea of rushing while doing this work is misplaced.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

A quick word of advice: as regards GPB research, PATIENCE is the watchword! Two of the badge numbers in my collection have been in the hands of both Mike Constandy and Rob McDivitt for several years and no luck yet. But since there is no longer any complete and centralized NSDAP Membership list to work with, research is piecemeal at best. Often information arises from small lists of members of other organizations who have also listed their Party Member's Number on that application. So any idea of rushing while doing this work is misplaced.

Cheers,

Br. James
                I understand, thanks again.

Comment

wreath

New pics as posted on estand reveal interesting feature on the top portion of the wreath.
                  Not something I have ever seen before. Did anyone else?

cheers

Matt
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Matt,

I couldn't find the GPB you mention on the e-stand under 'Medals, Badges & Awards Table'... The photo you show here looks fine to me, a typical large Deschler w/9-oakleaf surround. Not sure what you're referring to as an "interesting feature on the top portion of the wreath."

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Sorry for my cryptic description. Here is the area I was asking about. And here is the listing: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=742723

cheers

Matt
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Matt. I have no concerns about this piece; it looks fine to me. And with the jeweler-replaced military pin, it has additional character -- the original recipient obviously valued it a great deal. Sorry that this number is not on my GPB list.

(FYI: the 'bottom' of the obverse of a GPB is the crossed ribbons.)

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks, Matt. I have no concerns about this piece; it looks fine to me. And with the jeweler-replaced military pin, it has additional character -- the original recipient obviously valued it a great deal. Sorry that this number is not on my GPB list.

(FYI: the 'bottom' of the obverse of a GPB is the crossed ribbons.)

Cheers,

Br. James
                          I agree with James, it's a good one.

Comment

It is a pity that a link from the sales thread was not made to this thread. I only came across it by chance, it should be in the Political Badges section IMO.

Comment

Thanks, Matt. I have no concerns about this piece; it looks fine to me. Br. James

Can you show another GPB that would exhibit similar marks? It looks like most of the leaves on the left side of the pin are misshapen. If it is a die problem there should be more. If there are not what would be the reason behind those?

cheers

Matt
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm certain that I've seen other large Deschlers with this same light stamping, though I cannot provide any reference at this time. Perhaps others can show similar pieces?

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X