SA Tie opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Tie opinions

I have seen this tie but it is not like one I have seen before. It is not PL, there are no markings but I have never seen the 'split' up the back before, and thought that these ties should have a printed brown/white RZM label.
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting. It raises a question for me. The ties in the photos of the period seem to be of the wider variety, was there the sort of style change during the TR period from thin to wide to thin as we've experienced since the 60s?

Comment

Tie

Hard to say.............It's certainly not typical of an SA or PL tie.

Comment

It is indeed hard to say for sure, but from recalling the many photos of SA and PL persons wearing the Traditions Brown Shirt over against those wearing the later tunic and dress shirt, it seems to me that the wider necktie appeared more appropriate with the Traditions uniform than with the tunic, which covered most of the shirt and tie.

I can't forget the style of tie Hitler and a number of others wore with their Traditions uniforms...it always looked like their ties were far too short and far too wide!

Br. James

Comment

Ties were shorter in the 30s and 40s than now. Pretty much every suit came with a vest, so there was no reason for a long tie, since most of it wouldn't show. And in some details (like tie width, lapel style and size), the fashion of the day did appear to influence political/paramilitary uniforms.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Tie

And that's why the SA didn't wear bow ties, except for the ones who worked evenings at the local Chippendales in Berlin!

Comment

Here is another one which I have just bought, I think it is good and couldn't hang around for opinions I'm afraid!

It is wide, has the right 'weave' and colour and the code number '20/33' matches others I have seen.

It is not one of the known fake ones nor DAK.
                Attached Files

Comment

label
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tie

This one looks ok to me from just those photos.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                      This one looks ok to me from just those photos.

Thank you - anyone else?

Comment

Tie

Post closeup pics of the BACK of the tie, near the largest end. I'm sure it's a good tie, but more photos will confirm. The tag susually says "SA Koperbinder"
                        (twill necktie) in the upper left corner.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tie

Note - my tie has the RZM tag hand-stitched, but this is a post-war repair. Yours is attached correctly, within the seam, like it's supposed to be.

Comment

Thank you I appreciate your input - I only have those pics from the website, I shall post my own pics when the tie arrives. I have looked at the threads concerning these and feel confident about this example.

Comment

I've worked out how to get the last pic from the website, this is the back.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X