No announcement yet.

90th Anniversary of 9 Nov 1923

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing to think that there are still people around who would remember, even as children at the time, just how significant the spot was for the TR. It is incredible to think of all the history those two lions have witnessed, both before 1923 and since.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
      Amazing to think that there are still people around who would remember, even as children at the time, just how significant the spot was for the TR. It is incredible to think of all the history those two lions have witnessed, both before 1923 and since.
      I also find it interesting that a few old timers who still seem to be believers after all these years return to the FHH to remember the good (bad) old days.

Comment

I don't think the recollection of the 'FHH cult' should be so surprising, even today. From 1933 onward anyone walking past the 'Point of Martyrdom' at the FHH was required to give the NSDAP Salute while passing...which encouraged a number of non-Nazi Müncheners to avoid that street block entirely and walk 'round the other side of the FHH! Any pro-NSDAP resident in Munich would have instructed their children as to what the always-present wreath represented and what was expected of them when walking down that block of Residenzstrasse, as well as what made that spot so unique.

The Temples of Honor were also a part of Nazi cult worship; I believe they were at least somewhat inspired after the Lenin Mausoleum in Moscow's Red Square, where the government required there to always be a line of visitors to be seen extending out of the tomb entrance. Visitors to the Temples of Honor lined up at the staircase at the rear of each building and proceeded to walk up and around beneath the colonnade with arms raised in salute, until they decended the interior staircase to the tomb level...all in respectful silence, of course.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X