No announcement yet.

Runic brooch photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doppelspirale as the symbol of the going of the sun throughout the year with summer and winter solstice was quite popular as we know - I also have a fine carved oval period cultural plate with a Doppelspirale in it´s center.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice drachen brooch Thorsten. What mark is on the back? I do not see this particular example in the Greifen K. - katalog however it may be from a different year. And that dragon/swas design is found in other forms by them also.

Gaston, will you share your oval brooches?

thank you!

Comment

Don,
        thank you - it is marked in tiny numbers with "900" and directly followed by either a 1 or 4 or a kind of runic symbol as mark of the maker, can´t say for sure without a magnifying glass at hand.

Comment

here are 2 examples of the plain swastika brooch in wear.
          Attached Files

Comment

I just received this Deininger brooch. For more discussion see jabnus' collection of these in silver. I had seen a brass one in another collection but wasn't able to purchase it although I showed a photo of it previously. This is one I was able to buy.
            Attached Files

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1408053988

Comment

Way behind catching up on things on the forum, but that bronze Deninger one is a great find Don. I love it! Congrats on a rare find.

The Doppelspirale symbol is for sure NOT a strict NS symbol and was already widespread used in the years before Hitler appeared, especially in the 1920's. You can buy at any given time several examples on Ebay, often from way before 1945 (or 1933) and those have as such nothing to do with this topic at all. I don't like this Perli-Werkstatt brooch that Thorsten keeps posting at all and think it was not intended to be a NS item. The Greifen brooch reminds me of the fake Gahr brooches that keep being posted. Im quite sceptic about it. The design is obviously very interesting, but so were the similar fake Gahr's that Hermann Historica sold in the past.

Ill dig up my oval shaped brooches soon. Work is killing me again.

Comment

Gaston
                  Have you not heard? Too much work will kill you early!

Thorsten has shown 2 brooches which may have been made by Greif. Which one are you speaking of? There is the dragon swastika and also the dragon surrounded by spirals.
                  Please specify so I know which one you are talking about.

Look forward to your oval examples.

Comment

i meant the one in post #135, what others are there then?

Comment

This one shown elsewhere on the forum belonging to Thorsten. We'll call it the dragon swastika silver brooch.

I found a similar one in the Greif catalog but the mark on this one is not the traditional greif mark. Unless greif used multiple marks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have not been able to identify this mark yet
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a neat book of folios showing some runic designs. Period material on this subject is hard to find.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes - that´s a nice one depicting some examples been developed by the Reichsnährstand - the footnotes at the end are worth to be studied.

The other booklets of that little series are also a nice add.

Comment

Another foto just in:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                                Yes - that´s a nice one depicting some examples been developed by the Reichsnährstand - the footnotes at the end are worth to be studied.

The other booklets of that little series are also a nice add.

Isn't that the illustruous Greifen catalog? What does that have to do with the Reichsnährstand? Wow, the Reichsnnährstand developed suddenly runes too? Those runes were not a part of the old futhark or even von Lit's Armanenrunen? Thorsten, what is really up with you? You tried to destroy this topic numerous times before shouting nonsense, it gets wilder and wilder and NEVER EVER one single piece of real information. Just shut up and don't post in this topic, it was very good until you started to hijack it again with your usual crap.

Regarding the one posted in post#145: please explain why it should even be a German one? I have another idea about it and think it's probably from Norway.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X