SA shirt, belt & cross belt - ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA shirt, belt & cross belt - ok?

Considering buying this and all looks good to me, but this is a little off my normal path.

Any opinions?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Shirt

Beautiful shirt that appears to be all original. Belt is not standard SA type, and may be Army, but the SA wore those as well. SA belts also have a thin border on the edges. Straps look like they're for political leader. Lovely acquisition Here's a rare tinnie worn by the same Gruppe, Berlin Brandenburg:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                  Belt is not standard SA type, and may be Army, but the SA wore those as well. SA belts also have a thin border on the edges. Straps look like they're for political leader.

A thin border like this?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reverse - belt is marked RZM.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a fine shirt! I believe the removable buttons have been replaced as they should be tombak/gold --IMO this unit was part of SA group Niederrhein which would wear gold metal fittings. The belt is great with the extra leather protective piece behind the catch.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Erich,

Hope all's well with you.

Would it be appropriate to wear a cross-strap with gold fittings, to match the gold buttons (as per Gruppe Niederrhein)?

Best,
                        Toby.

Comment

Hello Toby,
                          Yes. Until 41, I think, the buttons, belt fittings, belt hooks, and cap button were either silver or gold, depending on the group. After 41 or so, the buttons and fittings were silver colored for all groups (except Marine SA) in an effort to eliminate wasted production efforts.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                            I believe the removable buttons have been replaced as they should be tombak/gold --IMO this unit was part of SA group Niederrhein which would wear gold metal fittings.
                            Berlin-Brandenburg wore silver buttons as displayed here. What makes you think that this is a Niederrhein unit Erich? I know that it is a reserve Sturm 15 of Standarte 193.

I may have to source some gold buttons if that's the case, unless it is post-41 in which case they can stay the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
                              Berlin-Brandenburg wore silver buttons as displayed here. What makes you think that this is a Niederrhein unit Erich? I know that it is a reserve Sturm 15 of Standarte 193.
                              Just googled 'Standarte 193' and it does indeed appear to form part of Gruppe Niederrhein.

However, if the shirt has post 1941 aluminium buttons (instead of the original gold), then surely it should have post 1939 yellow/white piped collar patches (depending on the discontinued button colours)?

Thanks for your input guys.
                              Last edited by Seigfried; 11-07-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X