A question about collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about collar tabs

I once read that Himmler's collar tabs were unique to his rank as RF of the SS, but I've noticed that SA chief of staff Lutze and HJ leader Axmann both had collar tabs in the same style as Himmler's. Did they all adopt the style at the same time or did they do so later? I have a feeling that Axmann did so later once he'd taken over from von S, but assume that Lutze did so following Röhm's death. Does anyone have and information about this?

Hi Tony,

There was a wonderful study on Reichsleiters' Collar Tabs -- which you're referring to here -- written by Clyde Davis and published over a couple of issues of "Military Advisor" a few years ago; you should try and order copies from Bender Publishing. Apparently there were variations/generations among those who wore these as leader of the SA, SS, NSKK, HJ and the Party Court -- though there was uniformity among the wearers of the standard Reichsleiter tabs. When a person was at the top of the food chain, there was some degree of individuality tolerated, and these tabs were all custom-made.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks Br. James that's interesting. I must try and hunt up those articles. From what you've said it makes me wonder if they others didn't just copy Himmler's, though his earliest thicker style ones seem to have given way to ones that look much closer to the examples of the others. I'd love to compile some photos of all these to compare.

Comment

If you call or email Roger Bender, I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you which issues of "Military Advisor" covered Reichsleiter-style tabs, with Clyde Davis as the author. The photos in the articles are just what you have in mind...IMHO!

Good luck, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Some interesting info here regarding Himmler's insignia

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Himmler.htm

And here about Lutze and Axmann's insignia

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Political%20Ranks.htm

There is also a link to other SS personel insignia on this page too. Some of the shots are posted here in the political leaders uniform sticky.

I must say Lutze's are the most spectacular

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X