Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft gorget purchase opimion

Hi friends,
    I am thinkingg of buying a Reichsluftaufsicht 2nd Version Gorget form Snyders Tr. for my museum. Well and here lies the problem, because I read a lot about this shop and the attitude he has and so I am not sure if I shall do it or rather run.
    May I have yours opinion please? Thanks
    Dirk
    Attached Files

Hi Dirkio!
    Seems authentyc!
    2nd type Reichs L.A. Gorget made by Assmann!
    Can You post the back side?
    Gian.

Comment

Hello Dirkio,

this type of gorget was made by Assmann, but by C.W. Juncker, Berlin (in a bow in the lower part of the rang) as well.
      Often the reverse has glued on a "leathered", darker greenish material. This is known as Kaliko (special note in German for Dirkio: - eine behandelte und appretierte, etwas glänzendes handgewebter Baumwolle. Es verleiht dem Gewebe ein lederähnliches Aussehen).
      A photo of the reverse would be the best!

Regards,
      wim

Comment

Hi here the back
        Regards Dirk
        Attached Files

Comment

is there a marking upon the middle tang? I can't see.

Comment

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL DEALING WITH SNYDER.....he handles the very "TOP QUALITY" reproductions, etc. that are meant to deceive!.....

Don't know about this Gorget....looks "good" from the limited pictures...but I'd WANT MUCH CLOSER VIEWS, and a Iron clad return policy....before I'd take a chance with him!

Might be fine....but "DANGER ZONE....."!!!!!
            John G.

("know" him well.....since the late 60s......"only screwed me out of a couple hundred dollars when I was a novice....(and no books or computer!)....alot of money to me then!). Hope this "returns" the favor (to him!)

Comment

Dirk, I send you email.

Comment

Hi Dirk!
                Uuhmmmm!!! Mumble Mumble!!!
                The back plate it's very different to mine 1st. type!
                Also the back tang!
                First to buys it I want to see one close up of the tang if marks are present!
                The back of the first one for comparison!

016.JPG

018.JPG

As Maine said......BE CAREFUL with Sneider!!!!
                Have a nice day!
                Gian.

Comment

Hello friends!
                  Very nice to have you around and thanks for all the advices and info on this matter.
                  He is not sending anymore pictures of the gorget and so I decided not to do the deal! Too much worries and concerns.
                  I will go on the hunt for such a gorget somewhere else with a more thrusworthy source!
                  Since I am an Air Traffic Controller, this would be a great find as well as for my museum.
                  Thank you all very much, it is great to have you all at this great colletor comunity!

Dirk

PP Thanks Wim, for the german original wording

Comment

Good idea.

Good thing to go elsewhere.
                    Snyder has been known to "Bait and Switch" with originals pictured to tease you into making the deal. Then sends a known Reproduction to the buyer.
                    When you attempt to send it back he charges you a hefty "Restocking" fee.
                    Buyer Beware and be wary.

Comment

Hello Dirkio,

Look at the material as shown by Jules61. This is how it is written in the dress-regulation. In the reprint from April 1, 1937 (L.Dv.422, Abschnitt A) it is written as "Die Rückseite des Schildes ist mit grünem Kunststoff bezogen". This material is as how I descibed it as Kaliko. The German text, which I included, was explained to me by a German materials-expert. The tang in the middle is mentioned to be 46 mm long and 8 mm wide.

Jules61 shows the first pattern with a chain as for example in use as for the SA gorget; the second pattern had a chain for example like the one as used with the Feldgendarmerie gorget.

Comment

Not sure of your price range but one here.... scroll down some....

http://www.brentsantiques.com/cgi-bi...at=176&Sub=759

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X