No announcement yet.

WMF bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, John, and there's really no 'argument' here! Over the 50+ years that I've studied and collected in this hobby, my early impression that the NSDAP and related organizations were completely streamlined and totally in sync with each other has mellowed or softened. I once believed that, for example, the RZM held complete control over those matters of production within its authority, and that all other forms of material production fell willingly into line in order to avoid running into conflict with those Reich-level authorities. But having seen too many examples of period pieces at some degree of variance with the standardized rules for such production, that has influenced my view of how strict even the politically-motivated manufacturers held to Reich-level rulings. And in the matter of non-'official' civil and cultural pieces, it seems to me that my initial understanding of just how hard and fast such rulings were adhered to has lessened.

When you add to that the differences found even in period publications which refer to NSDAP and governmental pieces, today I have perhaps a broader impression of what people really got up to, even when the 'rules' prescribed otherwise! And again, this is just my opinion...

Best regards to you, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Bowl

There's NO WAY they would have decorated this bowl with the embellishment off-center. The swastika would be centered, I guarantee you. And notice how the swastika engraving shows absolutely no scratches, dings or scrapes, even under high magnification. That is virtually impossible for a piece that old.

Comment

Bowl

Not to belabor the point, but notice how all the background areas have tons of scratches, but the swastika has NONE Once again...............IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X