Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA cuffband question

Dear guys,

I would like to know what's the meaning of the 2 white cuffbands used by this SA high rank.

Many thanks
    Attached Files

The bands are litzen showing the year of admission to the SA. There was a series of wide and narrow bands, worn on the cuffs in combinations that showed the year. This was later eliminated.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks Bob.
      Do you know the year in which they were eliminated?

May you tell me more about the guy?
      Maybe from the Waffenfarbe of the cap and tabs?
      Any idea of the rank?

Many thanks!

Comment

The long service sleeve stripes were never eliminated, although they were not worn on certain types of uniforms.
        If you have a clear, detailed shot of this individual, it's possible that more information might be gleaned.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich.
          Ufortunately this is the best I could do.

Comment

Hi T.K.,

Sorry that, at least on my system, I cannot even tell that there are two "cuffbands" -- known as Service Entry Stripes -- nor can I make out the collar tabs or the shoulder boards. What I can tell you is that these stripes indicated unbroken service in the SA prior to January 30, 1933. The most senior of these stripe combinations was two wide and two narrow stripes, which indicated membership from January 1, 1925 onward, down to one narrow stripe indicating membership from January 1, 1932 through January 30, 1933. A clearer photo would be most helpful.

Br. James

Comment

In 1995 - so now about 18 years ago - an extensive article about these stripes was published in the Military Advisor from Bender Publishing, number 4 (the autumn issue). In this article all "ins and outs" about the system were included, starting with the arm chevron, which was replaced by the stripes. The article gives introduction dates, was in-depth detailed and much more (many photographs)!

Comment

I think this is the same individual, or at least this is why I was trying to ID the first one.
                Would this be of any help?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                  In 1995 - so now about 18 years ago - an extensive article about these stripes was published in the Military Advisor from Bender Publishing, number 4 (the autumn issue). In this article all "ins and outs" about the system were included, starting with the arm chevron, which was replaced by the stripes. The article gives introduction dates, was in-depth detailed and much more (many photographs)!
                  Could you provide us with the Volumn Number for that copy of the Military Advisor?

Comment

Gary, 1995 would be Volume 6 of "Military Advisor." I can only locate Vol. 6 #1 at this time, and that number does not include the article Wim has mentioned; it must therefore be in #2, 3 or 4.

Sorry T.K. but I still can't see enough detail to give a further opinion on the Service Entry Stripes, the collar tabs or the shoulder boards. Perhaps others can see more that I can.

Br. James

Comment

nr. 4, 1995 autumn-issue.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X