Huge stash of 1944 dated Völkischer Beobachter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge stash of 1944 dated Völkischer Beobachter

I've wound up with a large stash of 1944 dated issues of the Völkischer Beobachter. Unfortunately several issues appear to have pages missing and articles clipped out. With many of the issues I can't tell if they are complete or not as I have no reference which would let me know how many pages should be in each issue. Is there a reference or website which would provide me with a complete list of issues and their total number of pages each? So far my search has been unsuccessful in finding much information. I would appreciate any help.
    Richard V

I should mention most are in April, June, October, November and December. It appears they should have 8 pages for most, though some of the much later (December) issues may have only had 4. I have a few where the pages are not consecutive and can tell pages are missing. For others, the pages are consecutive but they are separated at the spine making it hard to tell if there should have been more pages.
    Richard V

Comment

I have had both types, some 4 page some 8, Sean

Comment

Thanks Sean. I'm not so sure the ones with 4 pages are complete. They are all composed of two separate pages, torn at the spine and no longer connected. It also appears the two sheets, each with 2 sides, don't seem to have been torn from each other as they don't fit together.
        Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X