Externsteine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Externsteine

Got this booklet on the Externsteine, that will interest a few members I think
    Any other members got it?

Ahnenerbe Stiftung Verlag 1943
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dmv; 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM.

Sample pages
    Attached Files

Comment

that's a nice one.Have found a copy on ebay some time ago.Interesting stuff!

Comment

Thanks Etienne, I expected you to have one LOL

Talk to you soon!

Groeten, Michel

Comment

Hi,

Have not seen this booklet before, but TR period postcards do turn up from time to time on the web.
          A rock formation from the ice age, this is an unusual place; inhabited and even used as a strongpoint from early times.
          The early Christian rock carvings are fantastic, several graves are in evidence; and the rock carved chambers are very impressive.
          I went there several years ago, and it is a daunting prospect to climb up to the top of these stones.
          The bridges and walkways were constructed many years ago, when people were a lot smaller!
          Some of the bridges, when you walk between one rock and another have safety barriers which are only knee high and it is quite frightening to walk across (I am really scared of heights) without being really scared.
          How no one has fallen to their death is beyond me, if this monument was in England "Health and Safety" rules would shut it down!
          The Nazis promoted this site as a historical "Folk" site and a "sun temple" was erected on the top of one of the stones in Victorian times.
          Today, a music festival is held here where yound people gather to listen to music; the monument still draws people today!

best wishes,

john.

Comment

Here is my example very nice ahnenerbe booklet
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X