Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA-marine cap

Hi to all,

What do you think about this scarce cap ?
    Don't hesitate to share your opinion about this one!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

These are very difficult to judge when in hand or not in hand, especially when an older maritime cap is used as the base. In this case, there are a few things I don't like about it. First, the SA roundel appears too large for the wreath--it overlaps the bullion as though it was added to a wreath that was intended for something else in the center. Next, the underside of the visor should be covered with a waterproofed muslin rather than leather. Next, if this was a later pattern visor for the MSA, the proportions of the top should be larger compared to the cap band--more like a regular KM visor cap in appearance. Last, there is no RZM label, which I would expect to find in a later type MSA visor. It's possible that it could have started life as an early, private purchase visor, to which was applied early, and then later MSA insignia as the regulations changed, but I would expect to see more signs of use to it if that were the case.
              Without examining it in hand I can't say more, or give a definite thumbs up or down.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Thx Erich for your anwer !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X